Thread: 2016 F type R AWD

2016 F type R AWD

Hello all. I finally decided on a car. I was looking for a '14 or '15, but stumbled across a '16 AWD coupe that was local. It had a fender bender which broke the front left headlight and surrounding plastic, and was repaired by an expert, but because the Carfax had the accident on the record, the guy couldn't sell it. I got it for the price of a '14. I've put about 5000 miles on it so far and it has been completely trouble free. Just went over 50k miles, so I'm going to do the rear end oil change and a couple other things.

Anyway, I plan to tune it a little bit. Nothing crazy- I doubt I even put new pulleys on it. But it does feel like there are some potential gains available. I'll post the stock tune in the repository. I just ordered an upgrade to my MPVI Pro to the MPVi3, so I have to wait a little bit for it to get to me. Once I get it, I'll upload the tune. I saw a couple posts where folks had asked for the stock 5.0 tune.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or anything, I'd love to hear them.

20231010_170441.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    I can help with the tune, just need to know what fuel you are running i.e octane and any modifications.
    They are a great car, enjoy the ride.
    Currently running 11.2 1/4 mile RWD, hopping for high tens once i have tune the ZF box etc.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    have you both pulleys changed or only the lower crank pulley?
    Thank you so much for your answer
    BR
    Andi

Mine is completely stock. I just downloaded the stock tune. I can't figure out how to upload it to the repository for you guys to look at. Someone had asked for a stock tune. I thought I'd up the torque max settings in the transmission to start. It's set to 546 ft. lbs. at the moment. Interesting that the shift time is 400ms in automatic, but 60ms in paddle shift. I literally just downloaded it 5 minutes ago, so haven't checked anything out yet. I haven't used HP tuners in many years, so this torque management stuff is new to me. In fact, it has changed a lot. I never heard of lamda tuning before, so I have a lot to figure out before I start making major changes. I'm just hoping to get it up to at least SVR power, maybe a little more. Thanks.
    Last edited by c131frdave; 02-21-2024 at 02:37 PM.

I'm running 93 from the pump. Nothing crazy. I drive it to work quite a bit. Not a race car, but I still want a bit more power. You can tell it's got more in it. You can feel it take off like a savage, but then get reigned it- you can actually feel it. I know it's the ECU pulling it back.

I pulled my first set of logs driving home from work last night. Only had the opportunity for one brief WOT pull, so the logs probably aren't very useful. I have not changed anything yet. It's sad that HP Tuners no longer allows sharing of tunes, however I do understand why- I'm sure the EPA gave them a warning, plus there were probably some bricked ECUs out there from idiots uploading bad tunes to the repository. If anyone wants to see a stock '16 R tune, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
    Mine is completely stock. I just downloaded the stock tune. I can't figure out how to upload it to the repository for you guys to look at. Someone had asked for a stock tune. I thought I'd up the torque max settings in the transmission to start. It's set to 546 ft. lbs. at the moment. Interesting that the shift time is 400ms in automatic, but 60ms in paddle shift. I literally just downloaded it 5 minutes ago, so haven't checked anything out yet. I haven't used HP tuners in many years, so this torque management stuff is new to me. In fact, it has changed a lot. I never heard of lamda tuning before, so I have a lot to figure out before I start making major changes. I'm just hoping to get it up to at least SVR power, maybe a little more. Thanks.
    60 ms with paddle and 400ms in automatic mode??? I have the HP Tuners Gear Update, and I think the paddels are faster, but from 400 to 60ms? I cant believe that!
    Is it so?
    Many thanks
    BR Andi

Here's the stock tune. Maybe I misread it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by c131frdave; 03-04-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conmano View Post
    Hi
    I can help with the tune, just need to know what fuel you are running i.e octane and any modifications.
    They are a great car, enjoy the ride.
    Currently running 11.2 1/4 mile RWD, hopping for high tens once i have tune the ZF box etc.
    How do I get hold of you? Thanks!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
    What you read a the shift time is actually just the gear engagement for each gear that has nothing to do with actual shift speed.
    The shiftspeed is calculated by the various stage of the shift wich are quite a few. Fill/Tq Intervention/pressure/ramp/engine type to name a few on my car i get close to 300ms for the actual shift time meaning clutch to clutch time for high power shifts.
    The 60ms is just part of the equation for the transmission to calculate manual shifting.
    You can set that to 500ms and it will not make any difference.
    Hope this helps