Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LT1 Throttle Oscillation Question

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Horizontal vs vertical, whichever. I set it up the way it is by the OEM.

This table shouldn't change that much if the throttle area table is set, but none of the aftermarket throttle bodies have this data available. There is a missing throttle area table that is important.
    Maybe a picture of the important missing table with it's axis?

I've had good luck changing that throttle area table to control both blips and help with idle even using some of GM's other tables. It usually goes hand and hand with the pedal progression table though. That's even with the etc max setting set according to manufacturer whether it be one of GM's or an AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Well if the map torque model is wrong, what's that table matter anyway

Tuning Addict
    Because it'll help get things more right or rather more in line Cause without the throttle and corresponding manifold tables being set right then all you do is skew things more and more to work around them.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Touching that table is exactly what I'd consider skewing things to work around issues.

Tuning Addict
    Your talking about the throttle area table that I mentioned. OK, why does GM change it for the same TB on different applications?

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    They're better equipped to make those changes.

Tuning Addict
    Well, OK, Not denying that for a second BUT those are some pretty big changes from GM going from NA to NA and then to boost using the same TB and the values always go down for more airflow so even though I might not have it correct, it does seem to be moving it correctly

~Greg Huggins~

What example do you have of those being different for the same throttle body?

FYI, your starting memory location was wrong.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuning Addict
    LT1's, L86's and LT4's all use the same tb. L86's in the trucks are set up to open more aggressively, even more so with the smaller tb's of the L83's. I've always assumed due to the heavier vehicle weight and the towing factor of the trucks. LT1's are more linear and then the LT4's go a lot lower. This is of course comparing with the old axis scaling.

No info on the other throttle table then

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    TPS vs area has nothing to do with the position command to the throttle. Not the place to tweak things if you're trying to change throttle response.

Tuning Addict
    Not to change throttle response. To Fix flares....

You can literally take an LT1's area table and put it into an L86, just for example, and fix just about ALL of the factory throttle flares that the trucks have (there are actually several occasions on here where people complain about them with shifting) without changing one other table. Plus if you add boost, you can lower that table and get all throttle control back all the way to holding an 80% throttle position if you so wish to do so. It doesn't matter if the air models are fully dialed in, SCIAP's are in place and the torque is dialed in as good as you can roughly from a dyno. These bigger blowers people are running today cause problems with throttle control.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Ah. I've never seen that on any truck. Lucky I guess.

GHuggins the only other potential throttle control table i have is this one attached.
    i wasnt able to quite figure out what the axis were, or what the content was.
    However, it is vastly different on LT1 vs LT4.
    And it is in the correct section of the calibration to be a throttle controlling table.

Maybe DSteck can confirm or deny for us.
    Attached is located for a 2016 Cadillac ATS

Thanks DSteck for fixing and confirming the origins of the throttle rate, now known as the Throttle position vs throttle Area chart!!
    I appreciate this!

unknown_throttle_tables_12670753.xdf

It is commanded engine power as a function of vehicle speed and axle torque request.

And now, like Homer Simpson, I'm going to slowly back into the bushes and disappear.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Well....I had to disappear for a bit due to some family matters, but Amateur Hour has now returned

Quite the conversation going on and other than philosophically speaking.....all way over my head. Conceptually I sort of follow but geez...amazing how far engine controls have advanced. Nonetheless I guess I'll stick to running a factory that builds advanced radars.

I did get the car out before the cold spell hit us today in Dallas. I made the adjustments Greg alluded to on the Airmass side of the VTT and it didn't die once....until I got home. Of course we have a driveway with a slope (enough that "Hill Assist" will activate), the car gets squeezed into the narrow side of the garage that has a door with only a couple inches of clearance for each side mirror, and there's a couple inch "step" up to enter the garage which all means I can't just zip right in. Long way of saying it may have been more about me than the car. I'm sure some of this is also trying to have near stock driveability with something that's not remotely close to stock. It is however 99% there. It's surprising how well this drives.

Attached is a log and the tune that's in the car currently. More testing to come in a week or so after some travel and the weather warming back up.
    Attached Files Attached Files