Thread: gen1 coyote help

Potential Tuner

gen1 coyote help

Kind of new to the coyote platform and trying to learn what i can about the other parameters it uses versus the older stuff im used to .

So what I have is a pretty basic 11 GT auto car.

18+ intake swap
    Comp Cams NSR Motha Thumpers
    Long tube Headers
    3" exhaust

My biggest issue to date right now is dealing with the camshafts i believe. The car runs and drives for the most part pretty solid. Just suffering from a cold start misfire condition that once warms up a tiny bit the misfire goes away and the car runs great. Ive checked with my ids while at operating temps and i have no misfires occurring so that leads me to believe its a cold start issue with the cams as the rpm does swing a decent amount.

2nd small issue is I cant seem to get it to replicate all the times so getting it to be on a log is hard. But it has a dead spot on tip in at times. its purely random when it does it but its always at a lower mph while exectuing a turn into say a parking lot or at a stop light and the car is slowly rolling and you give it throttle and theres no response.

I would like to get the car to cam some but it seems like each time i change my cam vct events in mapped points 0 and 1 to achieve this the car just acts all sorts of stupid and the mapped points used are all over the place. When i leave them alone the car idles almost stock like and that is boring lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files