Thread: 2017 Silverado L86 w/ LT4 Supercharger Cold Start Help

Potential Tuner

2017 Silverado L86 w/ LT4 Supercharger Cold Start Help

Hey how's it going everyone? So I have a 2017 Silverado 6.2 and we are having issues with getting it to start when cold. It will fire off and then the rpms will just drop down until it dies. Once there is some heat in the the engine it will start and idle no problem. At times I am able to give some throttle input to keep it alive long enough to get some heat in the engine at which point it idles on it own, other times throttle input will have no affect on it whatsoever. It is near impossible to get running when cold without killing the battery. I have contacted several tuners about this issue and none have been able to solve or pinpoint the issue so far. I'm looking for any advice or input on this. We are currently on 93 fuel. Here is a list of the modifications done to the truck.

2017 Silverado 6.2 L86 with 8L90 transmission 4WD

Modifications:
    LT4 Z06 Supercharger
    LT4 Injectors #19420334
    HPFP from LT4 Z06 #12642287
    LPFP from Armageddon 465lph
    4" Intake
    Texas-Speed Drop in Rods/Pistons(JE)
    Texas-Speed Gen5 LT1 VVT-2 Cam w/ +32% Fuel Lobe, 231/235, .645"/.635", 116 LSA, 112 ICL
    Johnson Link Bar Lifters Slow Leakdown Hydraulic Roller
    ARP Head Studs
    Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
    Grip-Tec Supercharger Pulley 2.38"
    ICT Billet Tall Supercharger Adapter Plates w/ Idler Pulley Relocation Kit
    Long tube headers (unknown brand or diameter) Catless to stock exhaust w/ cutout
    Transmission Specialties 9.5" 8L90 Multi Plate Billet torque converter 3300-3700 Stall
    Flex Fuel

Attached files show a cold start attempt and towards the end I gave it some throttle to keep it alive.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Tuning Addict
    Torque Model, Fuel, Certain lightoff functions and adaptives are the main ones that cause that. Torque model is really wrong, both visually and at the beginning and end of your idle log. Tune almost looks like it's just jumbled together bits and pieces from different vehicles and chopped up stock tables? LT4 vette VE table? Honestly you're better off to plug in the LT4 fuel tables then go from there modding the stock truck tables.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Yes, you are most likely right about that. This file is from a test that was sent to me by our last tuner that we were working with. I have other files and logs from the last time this was dyno tuned but that is before we changed from the stock truck injectors to LT4 injectors. I'm going to shoot you an email because I see you do remote tuning and I'm looking for someone who is familiar with this platform. I need to get this truck back to my customer with a proper calibration and I don't have the time to figure it out myself.