Thread: Crown Victoria Manual Swap Tune

Potential Tuner

Crown Victoria Manual Swap Tune

Hi yall, I was wondering if anyone had successfully pulled off a manual crown victoria tune with hptuners. I'm currently rockin with the 2009 p71 crown vic. Everyone uses sct with marty's speedshop, but I hate having to use mail order tunes and am determined to find around it. I was originally going to mess with a 2003 mustang gt tune because it has the same tr3650 transmission I'm using with the same 4.6 as the crown vic. I realized that the ecm for the mustang was an EEC-V, and the crown vic used a spanish oak 1024k ecm. I don't know if it's feesible to use the 2003 gt tune because of the discrepancy. I did some more digging, and the 2005 mustang gt has the same Spanish oak ecm. So in that case, would it be possible to adjust the 05 gt tune to make it look like the crown vic tune? Hoping someone has pulled something like this off, or can at least give advice.

If this isn't possible, then would it just be better to mess with the current crown vic tune, run the transmission sensor in neutral and put resistors into the old transmission connector to mimic the internal harness? I found the transmission pinout and resistance values of most of the sensors and solenoids. Only value I need to find is the trans fluid temp sensor when it's at operating temperature.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I did semi-successfully. So far my 2008 crown vic with tr3650 is running great with no check engine light or limp mode. The only 3 issues I'm fighting now are speedo reeds too low, a bit of rev hang at lower rpm and it feels like it revs up slower than it should. I think the last two issues are related. I am still looking into how to fix those problems.
    The car is in "drive" I believe. The trans fans issue was rectified but putting a resistor instead trans oil temp sensor. The crank shaft sensor signal is sent to the trans turbine speed sensor.
    I can post the tune file if anybody is interested and is willing to help with some of these issues.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by akimpobeditel View Post
    I did semi-successfully. So far my 2008 crown vic with tr3650 is running great with no check engine light or limp mode. The only 3 issues I'm fighting now are speedo reeds too low, a bit of rev hang at lower rpm and it feels like it revs up slower than it should. I think the last two issues are related. I am still looking into how to fix those problems.
    The car is in "drive" I believe. The trans fans issue was rectified but putting a resistor instead trans oil temp sensor. The crank shaft sensor signal is sent to the trans turbine speed sensor.
    I can post the tune file if anybody is interested and is willing to help with some of these issues.
    I'm in the same scenario now. Car runs and drives pretty good, the speedo just reads way too low and nothing that I change in the tables affects it. Have you gotten anywhere with this issue?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by akimpobeditel View Post
    I'm completely stuck right, now, so do you think you could send over the tune?