Thread: 2010 tt camaro anything past 4k manifold glows red and iat will creep into the 180f

Tuner in Training

2010 tt camaro anything past 4k manifold glows red and iat will creep into the 180f

2010 camaro ls3 hellion kit zl1 fuel pump 60lb inj car run strong with the tune untill boost controller broke and over boost cused me to bend 5 rods
    rebuilt the engine with forge internal drop the cr by .5 put a turbo cam in it and lsa heads working on retunnig the car but hit a wall car will run strong boost kicks in fast and stay but by 4k my turbo manifold will glow redicously red and my iat will climb towards the 180f and with it my power and torque not to talk that manifold gets so hot scared something will catch fire any idea what will cause it

cam spec are 229/240 .629"/.600" 115 LSA 112 ICL
    2010 camaro big cam 22 afr 11.6.hptglowing hot dyno.hpl

My turbo 4banger DSM's manifold and turbo housing would glow red when I was pushing like 30+ psi. Was kind of normal for that setup. Looking at your log the timing is really low. From what I understand too low of timing can cause EGT's to raise. Most turbo LS motors on pump gas ive seen run between 12-20* timing based on compression and boost level. I run 18* on pump at 12psi with my supercharger and could probably bump it up a little more. Maybe some more knowledgeable turbo guys will jump in.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kobicamaro View Post
    2010 camaro ls3 hellion kit zl1 fuel pump 60lb inj car run strong with the tune untill boost controller broke and over boost cused me to bend 5 rods
    rebuilt the engine with forge internal drop the cr by .5 put a turbo cam in it and lsa heads working on retunnig the car but hit a wall car will run strong boost kicks in fast and stay but by 4k my turbo manifold will glow redicously red and my iat will climb towards the 180f and with it my power and torque not to talk that manifold gets so hot scared something will catch fire any idea what will cause it

cam spec are 229/240 .629"/.600" 115 LSA 112 ICL
    2010 camaro big cam 22 afr 11.6.hptglowing hot dyno.hpl
    8 degrees at wide open is pretty low. I usually try to change the combo up if I can't fit at least 10 in it. Excess EGT is the result of low timing typically.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    ill give it a shot this weekend timing is set now for12.5 but with iat creeping up it keeps pulling timing out im going to try and bump it by another 2 deg and see how it reacts or turn off the iat temp timing reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by kobicamaro View Post
    ill give it a shot this weekend timing is set now for12.5 but with iat creeping up it keeps pulling timing out im going to try and bump it by another 2 deg and see how it reacts or turn off the iat temp timing reduction.
    How is the intake setup? Might need to rework it so its not pulling in all the hot air from the engine bay.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq