Thread: p59 delete maf iac and 4 oxygen sensord

Potential Tuner

p59 delete maf iac and 4 oxygen sensord

I am new to this, I have a question, can the MAF IAC and the 4 CO2 sensors be removed? and it works relatively well. I would tune the fuel with a wideband. I am building a gen 3 for a mud project that is not daily use, it will be 4 speed manual driven by cable

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pallecchi View Post
    I am new to this, I have a question, can the MAF IAC and the 4 CO2 sensors be removed? and it works relatively well. I would tune the fuel with a wideband. I am building a gen 3 for a mud project that is not daily use, it will be 4 speed manual driven by cable
    I suppose you could. Id relocate the IAT NOT remove it. Its not hard to do and it has weight with the fueling calculations. I moved mine to teh intake just after the TB and broke out the wires from the MAF myself. Very simple task. Just buy an IAT from anything that had a 3800 v6 (if i remember correctly) and a new pig tail. Cut the IAT wires off the MAF harness, attach new pigtail to the IAT wires on the harness. You can remove the Evap solenoid on top of the intake or make your own spot. But other than some slight drilling or opening the Evap hole a little, thats about all you need to do. The IAT sensor i suggested runs the same Ohm range as the gen 3s, so it delivers data the same basically.

Other than that, Fail the MAF, Delete the DTCs for MAF and O2 sensors, and disable OL, CL, LTFT, STFT...easy peezy.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"