Thread: Question

Tuner

Question

Been messing with my dads Camaro a little bit but im wondering why it it does what it does .I notice when i get into some moderate throttle it slightly breaks up , not a lot but i can hear it . If you guys can shoot me some guidance id be appreciative on it. The knowledge you guys have on this stuff is pretty amazing . I need to learn this to give back to others but for now i need a little help

Thanks!!!

car info :

ls swap in a 2nd gen Camaro

5.3 milled heads 42lb ls3 injectors
    comp .598 .598 112 232/234 @.50
    long tubes
    3200 stall
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hpsonny; 12-30-2023 at 12:01 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpsonny View Post
    Been messing with my dads Camaro a little bit but im wondering why it it does what it does .I notice when i get into some moderate throttle it slightly breaks up , not a lot but i can hear it . If you guys can shoot me some guidance id be appreciative on it. The knowledge you guys have on this stuff is pretty amazing . I need to learn this to give back to others but for now i need a little help

Thanks!!!

car info :

ls swap in a 2nd gen Camaro

5.3 milled heads 42lb ls3 injectors
    comp .598 .598 112 232/234 @.50
    long tubes
    3200 stall
    You need to be logging knock retard and burst knock in the channels. Along with MAP(kpa) and TPS. If its breaking up because of a misfire, most of that data isnt worth much for diag purposes. Are you logging all the trans PIDs because you think its transmission or TCC related? Is there a specific timestamp on the log where youre seeing questionable values for something?
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Tuner
    I was logging the trans because i wanted to change some TCC settings . So i guess i should take another drive log and see where it does it .. Not that skilled on tuning but i feel it?s an airflow issue . Ok let me log those Pids and go from there

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    Also, log Mass Airflow Sensor.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    Also, log Mass Airflow Sensor.
    ok will do thank you