Thread: Idle Dips coming to a stop/ hard start when hot

Tuner in Training

Idle Dips coming to a stop/ hard start when hot

Still very new to the tuning game because I'm tired of spending money and ending up with the same results. I'm trying to find the answers myself but having a hard time. I got an LQ9 with BTR TN cam, TBSS intake and LS3 tb, Marine 8.1 42lbs. injectors, has shortie headers with not cats. The engine starts fine when cold, but hard to start when warmed up. I've checked for leaking injectors and the o rings, I even went as far as changing the intake manifold gaskets. so my problems are hard start when hot, and idle dips while in gear rolling to a stop.
    Charles

Senior Tuner
    It would help to have a log.

Here's the data for those injectors. Probably not something you want to hear, but it'll help to retune the airflow models.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    It would help to have a log.

Here's the data for those injectors. Probably not something you want to hear, but it'll help to retune the airflow models.
    Right on, thank you. This will help
    Charles

Tuner in Training
    I thinkI fixed the dipping idle, but now I still have hot start issues. Wont start with the key cranking, but now if I hold the pedal to the floor for a couple seconds or so then she fires and runs poorly for a bit.LQ9 w BTR TN Cam 2006 Silverado Rev 6 Shift Points(3)5+7.hpt
    Charles

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbaranski View Post
    I thinkI fixed the dipping idle, but now I still have hot start issues. Wont start with the key cranking, but now if I hold the pedal to the floor for a couple seconds or so then she fires and runs poorly for a bit.LQ9 w BTR TN Cam 2006 Silverado Rev 6 Shift Points(3)5+7.hpt
    Holding pedal to the floor while cranking cuts the injectors off: "Clear Flood Mode". I believe fuel pulse mass is where you want to look. Check cranking VE as well. Should match VE in those cells.
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 01-03-2024 at 06:16 PM.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"