Thread: 14 PPV with 6.2l swap stage 3

Potential Tuner

14 PPV with 6.2l swap stage 3

Need help building a base map to keep vehicle running. Stage 3 cam, intake, headers. Vehicle will start but have to feather throttle to keep running. I'm new to the tuning world so please can someone point me in the right direction. Here is the tune installed on the vehicle right now.

Charppv.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsgarage View Post
    Need help building a base map to keep vehicle running. Stage 3 cam, intake, headers. Vehicle will start but have to feather throttle to keep running. I'm new to the tuning world so please can someone point me in the right direction. Here is the tune installed on the vehicle right now.

Charppv.hpt
    What injectors are being used? what are the cam specs - Duration and overlap most importantly. "Stages" dont give us any details. Do you have a wideband installed? What all mods are on the vehicle?
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    What injectors are being used? what are the cam specs - Duration and overlap most importantly. "Stages" dont give us any details. Do you have a wideband installed? What all mods are on the vehicle?
    Factory injectors, cam specs are intake .377 lobe lift .362 exhaust/ rocker ratio is 1.70/ valve lash is .641 and .614/ duration @.006 is 282/299/ duration @.050 is 231/246 lobe seperation is 111 and overlap at crank is 17

wideband is installed and vehicle has bth headers, slp intake, custom exhaust

Advanced Tuner
    Heres a your tune with some airflow values altered (and some timing) to hopefully get it to idle on its own. Youll need to get a log or two of it idling. If itll idle on its own, start the log, start the car, and record the log until it reaches temp. Stop the log and save it. Then start a new log while its at op temp. get a couple min of idle data and try to get some drive time in if you can. Make sure youre logging the necessary channels and Id reccomend Cringer's dual tuning technique.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-the-Same-Time
    There are links to his Youtube in that thread as well. His google drive is handy to have on hand. Smokeshow's data is in there too. He has his own Dual tuning method as well.
    However you can still do it the old way if youre more familiar with that method. Ive had good luck tuning Gen 4s on the old method, but they werent heavily modified. Youll need to have some historgams collecting data, but as long as you have the channels that you need in the scanner, then you can make the histos later. Tune VVE and MAF. Tune idle. Tune timing. Pretty much in that order. Im sure more people will chime in with more experience on Gen 4s than me.

Edit: I only changed a few tables to try and get you running without pedal input. I did want to throw out there that there are some things you can do other the air model calibration to get better response. I found on my 2010 just letting the ETC open up makes a big difference. In Engine>Tourque Management>General>ETC Limit>Set to 'Disable". Then go into Airflow>Electronic throttle>Area Rate Limits and change as needed. This is a Screenshot of mine THROTTLEArea opening rate changed.jpg You can compare this to yours and make similar changes to get better response. So, far i havent had a drawback to this yet. I will note that i left stock values on the lower cells of mine since my GF drives the truck and couldnt stop spinning the tires after these changes and Air model calibration.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 12-29-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"