Thread: 2010 sierra 6.0 tune

2010 sierra 6.0 tune

I have a 2010 sierra 1500. Factory 4.8 4l60e. Installed a l96 6.0 from 2014 2500 and a 4l80e out of a 2005. I used the pcm of nc 4l60 to 4l80 adapter harness. The motor has a texas speed vvt stage 1 cam kit 220/230 .600/.600. Transmission has transgo hd2 shift kit and a 9.5 inch 3200 rpm torque converter. 14 bolt rear with 4.11 gears. The truck seems to run and shift good. I'd like to get opinions on the tune to see if it looks safe and to see if im leaving any power on the table. I would especially like to make sure the trans and converter looks safe. I raised the virtual torque tables by 20% at wide open and interpolated vertical bounds then added 15% to the entire tables. I tried to get rid of the pwm on the converter. The trans pressures and times are stock in the tune. I cut the trans torque management in half. I'd like to know if I'm on the right track or not and I might have missed something completely obvious. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't get the data log to upload. Is there a limit on the size or something?

You can export a portion of it in the scanner, be sure to select .hpl and visible range

Here are the data logs. Thanks for telling me how to get the data log to load.

Power enrichment is way too fat and it's pretty slow to enter.

Reduce the throttle pedal to like 65% and lean it out to something like a 12.3 commanded AFR, the current 11.1 is too much fuel.

Add your injector data to your logs and make sure to log knock retard. Also don't copy the high and low octane timing tables, the low octane table should have at least 5 degrees less timing in it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I made the changes to pe and timing. I also logged injectors and knock retard. It did show some spark retard. Do I lower the spark tables by the amount of retard it shows? The tcc shows slip when the converter is locked but if I figure speed from rpm and gear ratio it looks like its not slipping at all. It shows the slip to be 800 rpm while the motor is only turning 1900 rpm. I don't think that could be right. I think I would feel that much slip at that low of rpm and the truck wouldn't be going as fast as it is.

Senior Tuner
    Should be logging cylinder airmass, dynamic airflow, and volumetric efficiency airflow. Post revised tune with accompanying log.