Thread: P0106 MAP code after cam swap on E38 Gen 4 LS3

Advanced Tuner

P0106 MAP code after cam swap on E38 Gen 4 LS3

I just finished installing a Texas Speed stage 2 cam in my 09 vette LS3 with a pair of TPS Long Tube headers and the car keeps throwing a P0106 MAP performance/range code.

I know this is due to the MAP sensor going out of range and flagging the code.

I have changed the air flow and other parameters to get the car to start and idle nicely.

I should mention that I have not tuned the VVE or MAF curve yet. The goal right now is to get the car up and running without any codes and smooth startup.

I have found plenty of info for this problem on a Gen 3 LS but can not find any thing for a Gen 4 LS

On the Gen 3 you go into engine diagnostics and under the airflow tab you select your Calculated MAP Min and Max tables and change the numbers to suit the new camshaft so it does not trip the P0106 code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here on the Gen 4 LS3 and share what I need to do here to get rid of that pesky code?

I don't want to disable the P0106 code either. I would rather fix the appropriate chart or table so it still functions correctly.

My new cam shows approx 50 KPA at 800 rpm with 22 degrees ignition timing. The stock cam was around 30 KPA with the stock tune

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas everyone
    Last edited by Allen Vos; 12-24-2023 at 08:06 PM.

I don't know much but I can look over your tune and a log would help as well. Merry Christmas I hope you are enjoying your new experience :]
    Last edited by Guy With A Chevy; 12-24-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy With A Chevy View Post
    I don't know much but I can look over your tune and a log would help as well. Merry Christmas I hope you are enjoying your new experience :]
    Thank you for the response. I ended up figuring this one out. I went into Engine Diag under VCM Editor and Found the P0101, P0106 and P0121 and disabled the test and no more code.

From what I have been reading once I get the VE table dialed in, it shouldn't set the code so time will tell.

Senior Tuner
    It might still have a issue with map sensor performance. Usually better to leave that off with a decent sized cam.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    OK, great. So is there any disadvantages to leaving it off besides the obvious that if the MAP sensor screws up it would never set a code anymore?