Thread: Pls help review tune 2018 Gt

Potential Tuner

Pls help review tune 2018 Gt

I bought a 2018 GT 10r80 with Pypes catless headers stock active exhaust and a AiRaid intake. The car has a tune and I was hoping some of the experienced members could take a look and just point out any issues. Particularly the MBT tables and the knock threshold tables. Also if anyone can confirm the trans tune is stock. At this point, Im wondering if I should continue and optimize this tune or would i be better off with just a stock tune since these are basic mods. Thanks all. Happy holidays.2018 10r80 catless headers.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Here is your stock file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Knock stuff looks pretty normal. Your MBT tables have an extremely high value in 1 cell, in the same cell, for every mapped point. This is completely wrong. SOME of your borderline tables also have high timing in the same exact cell for only some of the mapped points. Either way I would start with a stock file. Im not sure who or why they would make these changes but its very strange and makes zero sense to me,
    mbt.png

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. Really appreciate the input. Ill change to stock files.

Advanced Tuner
    This isn’t the first time I’ve seen really wacky values in tunes. I’d love to know what the tuner was thinking.

Advanced Tuner
    I bought a used Roush nitemare with a nameless custom tune in it. The shifting did some wacky stuff. I found the tuner had set the shift points to where it would never shift out of first between 5 and 15% pedal. Why would anyone do that?

Advanced Tuner
    🤣 I have no idea. I could just imagine the kind of drivability that would cause