Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Fuel Pump VE Try 2

Advanced Tuner
    I read some people on the return to the overflow put a valve and closed it a quarter turn. honestly on my stock motor did the same thing dropped 20 degrees i swear. now with the 4 corner steam ports not sure if the trick flow heads flow cool better too. But yeah if low temps are a big issue i will restrict it where it flows back into overflow. I know thermostat functions at 180 just by how i watch the temps on warmer days. Also if i sit at idle for awhile it does get up to 200 210
    50 lb sd 5 1.hpl
    Last edited by Lxjoshxl; 02-11-2024 at 05:06 PM.

Senior Tuner
    What temperature difference are you talking about for a cooler day vs warmer day?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    What temperature difference are you talking about for a cooler day vs warmer day?
    So below 40 stays colder but 50 degrees up gets to temp. On my old stock motor temps dropped like 20 degrees so I would barely see over 190. On this motor hot at idle was scaring me because it was 215-220 here’s the link for the radiator honestly I would reccomend it to anyone wants more cooling with a gmt800 truck. I did bypass trans on it messed up went with single 10.5 disc 2800 stall on a big truck. Stock stall actually was 2600 on the 01 2500hd it’s just the size. Should of paid the 300 for triple disc. Here’s the link- http://https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/product/99-12-gm-truck-w-oil-cooler-aluminum-performance-radiator

Edit- If it really is detrimental I will put a restriction on it, I know the engine operates best at operating temp 180 and up but yeah maybe winter time get something to slow it down summer leave it open.
    Last edited by Lxjoshxl; 02-11-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Tuner
    So a 10 degree difference in ambient temperature causes a 20 degree difference in running temperature? This isn’t a case of more efficient radiator, assuming the temperature is measured in the head or somewhere else reflecting actual engine temperature.

Hit the thermostat area with a infrared thermometer at operating temperature. It should be pretty close to thermostat temperature or higher.

I’m not weighing in on whether the temperature is that important or not, just the change radiator won’t cause it to be that much cooler than thermostat setting.

Advanced Tuner
    I would say 30 degrees actually. but yeah i get what your saying, let me go around with the infrared to see. other people reviewed it said similar results

Senior Tuner
    Factory dynamic airflow calculation mode now. See how it does.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Temps getting up to operating temps now is that in the braf area? changed it so converter doesnt stay locked on decel when i let off throttle.
    50 lb dyn 1 warmup.hpl
    50lb dyn 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    whats the benefits of the speed density enhanced OS Upgrade?

50 lb dyn 2.hpl

Senior Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Just curious I think if Dyn is good Just re enable MAF then I can see final SD tune vs Final MAF tune is there’s any difference

Senior Tuner
    MAF is enabled on the Dyn tune. Are you saying compare raw MAF to SD?

Advanced Tuner
    MAF is enabled on the Dyn tune. Are you saying compare raw MAF to SD?
    So basically dynamic air is where the tune ends up when both are in sync? But yeah that’s what I was thinking I mean it still kicks but I feel like when the dynamic was back on it lost a little balls maybe it’s in my head. But I can go off the last SD and see. Think I’m reaching the limitations of the motor. Tried sending a message over think your inbox is full

Senior Tuner
    Dynamic uses MAF for steady state then references SD for transitions. The faster the transition, the more SD is referenced. MAF is referenced full time above the High RPM Disable setting.

Here's how it looks real time. Notice the higher the density of steady-state the more DynAir matches MAF.
    DynAir_ss_total.png

It's common to have better throttle response using pure SD with an upgraded cam. If you want to run SD full time then we can switch to the SD OS.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-12-2024 at 05:56 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Dynamic uses MAF for steady state then references SD for transitions. The faster the transition, the more SD is referenced. MAF is referenced full time above the High RPM Disable setting.

Here's how it looks real time. Notice the higher the density of steady-state the more DynAir matches MAF.
    DynAir_ss_total.png
    Ok I understand Now, if maf ends up being more responsive then the steady state changes could be made in that section to use MAF more of those times, then reference VE when needed. I Think It’s opposite in my case where when it pulls from the VE table it isn’t as good while tuning MAF this time around as it was done first I believe because I don’t think it matters which one you do first. Then getting into SD started to lose that responsiveness but I’ll check by disabling dyn air and doing two hard runs off 100%MAF and 100%SD to see.
    It's common to have better throttle response using pure SD with an upgraded cam. If you want to run SD full time then we can switch to the SD OS.

Senior Tuner
    Btw Dynamic Airflow is final reported airflow to which fuel is matched. It's not something that can be turned off. So setting the tune to SD means DynAir = SD. Same for MAF. Having DynAir track between the two dynamically, as with factory configuration, is why it's sometimes called hybrid airflow.

High RPM Disable is the point at which Dynamic Airflow stops working in hybrid and transitions to filtered MAF. That's why it's set low when tuning MAF in order to focus on MAF for the whole operating rpm range. Then when the MAF is failed, the VE tables are referenced exclusively to calculate Dynamic Airflow.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-13-2024 at 12:31 AM.