Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cm2200 bricked from just reading ecu?

Potential Tuner

Cm2200 bricked from just reading ecu?

Was trying to read a customer's car and got to 50% of the way it did not complete the reading.
    Now I cannot do anything with the car, won't start, won't re-read the car.

Anyone have experience with this? Car is a dodge 2012 6.7 cummins larange.

I have tried unplugging both batteries and nothing has seemed to help.

Tuner in Training
    you will have to flash in a stock file with efi or witch. hpt fixed this a few updates ago by making it an internet read.
    older versions of hpt had issues reading out and leaving it in boot mode

Quote Originally Posted by ben h View Post
    you will have to flash in a stock file with efi or witch. hpt fixed this a few updates ago by making it an internet read.
    older versions of hpt had issues reading out and leaving it in boot mode
    Always wondered what the problem was with this... Tried to go update a trans tune in a 2010 after a trans build and locked out the ECM at 50% just like the OP's did. That was about a year ago and with the full editor software. Is this fixed in the most recent Beta? If so that would be fantastic if I can write just the trans side of the tune for customers with previously tuned trucks.

Even the ?internet connected read? has left my 2012 Cummins disabled if I tried to read it with the EFILive tune in the ECM and I have to flash it with EFILive to get it running again

Potential Tuner
    i just had same thing happen ,just bought mpvi3 plugged it in to read files know let with no start ,dash is lit up. tried the battery dissconnect and nothing .very upset customer after just getting it . any one have a solution to this .im having another tuner come with efi live to try and get it back and started. but this seems to be a problem . what a pos i bought and wont recommand it to any one

EFILive can sometimes get it back up and running, not always though. There are times where a bench flash with rom boot option is needed. No real solution to prevent it from occurring other than not using it.

Potential Tuner
    got it back to up and running with efi live ,im pretty disapointed in the over all first experience

Potential Tuner
    would be nice to get some free credits since in out $300 for another tuner to driveout and help me ,hope for some sort of customer service after the sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts49 View Post
    would be nice to get some free credits since in out $300 for another tuner to driveout and help me ,hope for some sort of customer service after the sale
    Best of luck there on that

Potential Tuner
    I just had the same exact thing happen to me.

2010 Ram 2500 6.7

Does this mean it won't work on this truck or did something just happen to go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JtRenegade View Post
    I just had the same exact thing happen to me.

2010 Ram 2500 6.7

Does this mean it won't work on this truck or did something just happen to go wrong?
    Is the truck purely stock or are you attempting to read someone’s tuning that’s programmed in it, like an EFILive tune?

Potential Tuner
    This truck does have an H&S tuner on it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P 2.0 View Post
    Well, luckily I can reflash it to OEM Monday and hopefully his tuner will flash his tune back on it.

I learn something everyday. I appreciate the info.

Just hopefully it’s not stuck in rom boot, if so you’ll need a bench flash kit with the rom boot option. Maybe the witech can do it without the need for that, I dunno though

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P 2.0 View Post
    Just hopefully it’s not stuck in rom boot, if so you’ll need a bench flash kit with the rom boot option. Maybe the witech can do it without the need for that, I dunno though
    Yea hopefully not. We'll find out though.

In the case that it would need to be bench flashed, do you have any suggestions on where to have that done?

As far as taking it in somewhere to be bench flashed, no I don’t. I bought the kit for doing it myself. It’s a few hundred bucks

Potential Tuner
    Gotcha, well I'm crossing my fingers. We'll cross that bridge when/if I get there.

Potential Tuner
    Flashed it back to factory with wiTech and then reloaded the H&S tune. Back in business like nothing happened.

Good deal