Thread: Iat compensation settings

Iat compensation settings

Does anyone have a firm understanding of the IAT compensation settings? I thought I did until I dove down a rabbit hole of reading about it for a project I'm working on and there seems to be
    a few conflicting explanations on how these settings work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuner in Training

you figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Does anyone have a firm understanding of the IAT compensation settings? I thought I did until I dove down a rabbit hole of reading about it for a project I'm working on and there seems to be
    a few conflicting explanations on how these settings work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Its pretty simple, just modifies your VE tables based off the IAT reading. Most cars will have 1.00 for the mult table and numbers ranging from .9-1.2 in the factor. If your IATs are in the cell for .9 then its pulling 10% out. 1.10 would be adding 10%. You typically want it pulling fuel as IATs go up and adding fuel as they go down so that your AFRs stay on target. On SBE boosted cars I will sometimes set the car to get richer if IATs get higher than I like as a safety.
    2010 Challenger R/T - 6.1 crank, Manley H-beams, MMX drop ins, Magnuson 2300, Snow meth stage 1, TSP Stg3 Boost Cam, Stainless Power Long tubes, Fore L2 return dual 450s, Hellcat TB, snout port matched to 90mm adapter, ATI 17% OD Lower 2.8 Upper, 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Koutlaw View Post
    you figure this out?
    there is a "spark thermostat" that considers iat and there is "speed density" that JD mentioned

which part are you questioning???

Tuner in Training
    Well, I can make adjustments and they do not seem to make much difference. I did notice that i had to add fuel for higher iat vs pulling fuel which made me question how it works. In boost it seems to work the way I would think but at 0-11 psi vacuum it doesn’t respond the same imo.

Also, what about the pr for sensed map? Its set to .97. I changed it to .2 and everything was really rich. Has anyone had experience with changing it?

My ve tables go up to 120s in boost and im just trying to figure out how hellcats ve dont go so high when the scale for pr is like 2.15

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JD40 View Post
    Its pretty simple, just modifies your VE tables based off the IAT reading. Most cars will have 1.00 for the mult table and numbers ranging from .9-1.2 in the factor. If your IATs are in the cell for .9 then its pulling 10% out. 1.10 would be adding 10%. You typically want it pulling fuel as IATs go up and adding fuel as they go down so that your AFRs stay on target. On SBE boosted cars I will sometimes set the car to get richer if IATs get higher than I like as a safety.
    Okay, so i have played w these tables for ve alllot lately. I see no change until you go over the sensed map pr threshold. Is that how it works? Does sensed map need to be enabled or disabled? I couldnt see any difference in fueling by changing the multipliers for the rpm vs map. Ive made them all 2.0 at low rpm and it changes nothing unless you lower the sensed map threshold.