Thread: a word of caution

a word of caution

there is a company on the web called circuitwerks out of texas that sells headers for 900 claiming that you can save 1000 by purchasing their product that may require slight modification to clear the steering shaft on "some" sets. they actually say that a set of 2 required slight modification and for the inconvenience of possibly needing to do this they come at the reduced price. Dont be a fool like me. Just spend the extra 1000 or so and get a set that fits. i needed to get rid of the JBA shorty pieces of shit that require a special spark plug wire and a degree in engineering to change spark plugs so i ordered the 2 inch primary long tubes from circuitwerks. The order came to my door in 1 week which is amazing compared to anyone elses 4 month lead time and looking back that should have been a red flag. These headers only fit if the engine is out of the car. The "slight" modification would be to cut off 2 round runners off of each side and weld on 2 flattened oval runners that are tapered back to round.... or you can do what i did and put them on and find out you cant steer the car at all because the steering shaft is frozen in place and the passenger side will not tighten to the head because the header is smashed against the frame rail. There is no "slight" modification required no. But there was alot of heating with an oxygen/ acetylene torch and bashing with a sledge hammer to get clearance. Two times i have removed and reinstalled to try to get these smashed up headers to work and im not done. More bashing required. Ive got 2 whole days so far but i think that i can get it finished in another day of smashing but its looking like ill need a set of gm gaskets and a new set of plug wires. By the time im done ill be embarrased to open my hood or maybe a new set of heads because the threads for the flange will most likely be junk. Its funny when i looked at the companys return policy it became clear that i am stuck with what i have. No returns on items that have been installed or modified. Even though modification is required to install them. Also the company does not have a product review section naturally and no installation instructions or recommendations so im on my own. Ill upload pictures of my pathetic purchase when im done
    Last edited by biholliday; 12-12-2023 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Tuner
    The aftermarket performance industry is a whore house of ill-fitting, ill-performing, no instructions cause they never bothered installing it..... junk

Whats the application? I can maybe suggest some that we have experience with. There are GOOD brands we purposely avoid just on certain platforms because of fitment.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Got to read those reviews from actual people that have installed them on your application. There are some really good cheap "mostly Chinese" header/xpipe kits on the market that work in the CTS-V world. I have a $600 header/xpipe set that fit perfect. A new vender just released a completely polished stainless steel 2" header, 3" xpipe kit with highflow cats for $619 and people said they are working great. The material used is always slightly thinner, so you do get a little more lifter sound. I wrapped my headers and xpipe which helped.

Just going to their website I only see stuff for honda, mazda and porsche, nothing GM related.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

my car is a chevy ss/holden sedan. and you are correct about their website mostly hondas and import stuff but if you scrolll down on the google search far enough they will pop up for my application. I guess i should not have bad mouthed them as bad as a did because they did return my email. They said that if i send pictures that they would pass it on to the manufacturer and they did appologize. I also had a local guy look at them and he has me scheduled for some small mufflers because now it sounds like a dragster and he pointed out that the headers drop down about almost 2 inches past the frame so whenever i go over a speed bump they will get smashed and scraped up and the passenger side is lower than the driver side. I ordered some v-band clamps for him to weld on the axle-back but all in all he said that the material and the xpipe are good so when hes done everthing should be ok. I just think that they should have been a little more realistic about the clearance issues one would have. Also you cant see where i bashed the pipes once installed and now i can easily change plugs and wires where before with the JBA shortys it was a literal nightmare. Just wanted to share my experience with these off brand headers. yesterday i finally got the clearance needed for everthing to seal up all the way back to the axle and hopefully next week ill have it back on the road

Potential Tuner
    I purchased a set of Circuitwerks exhaust (2" headers to axle including X 3") for my 17 SS (4 Door) roughly 18 months ago from Ebay, $625. By far the best bang for the buck in this price range, had to do very little tweaking for them to fit. The welds (Tig) all looked very good, material was clean and fitment was not bad at all, and no leaks!!! Back in 2018 I purchased a set of ARH complete setup 1-7/8, X pipe, 3 inch and spent $2k (for my G8), a set for the SS was over $2300 now. I recommend these for the price, you will not find a better deal. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Maxwell881; 12-14-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell881 View Post
    I purchased a set of Circuitwerks exhaust (2" headers to axle including X 3") for my 17 SS (4 Door) roughly 18 months ago from Ebay, $625. By far the best bang for the buck in this price range, had to do very little tweaking for them to fit. The welds (Tig) all looked very good, material was clean and fitment was not bad at all, and no leaks!!! Back in 2018 I purchased a set of ARH complete setup 1-7/8, X pipe, 3 inch and spent $2k (for my G8), a set for the SS was over $2300 now. I recommend these for the price, you will not find a better deal. Just my 2 cents.
    Join date of 2018, first post is about some company I had never heard about until a 2 days ago? Sounds suspicious.

Potential Tuner
    Just saw someone post about something I have info on. Started tuning myself recently, had Hp for 5 years. Finally spending the time to learn tuning, this is why my posts have just started.