Thread: Previous Swapd 6.2L L99 into 2011 GMC Savana AWD - Rebuilt with CAM and Headers

Potential Tuner

Question Previous Swapd 6.2L L99 into 2011 GMC Savana AWD - Rebuilt with CAM and Headers

Novice tuner and engine builder, we've swapped an L99 6.2L out of a 2013 Escalade into our project 2011 GMC Savana van AWD back in 2019. This ran for about as long as we thought and lost oil pressure last fall and bazinga! Pulled it out of the van back in March this year and rebuilt the 6.2 from the bottom up. Forged pistons, a TSP Cam, and some Headers went on and now it's birthed back into the van 9 months later and running again. The valve train sounds like a diesel tractor tho and I started looking for some assistance dialing that back in. Remote tuning services all sounds exactly like they do...shady with no recourse. Anyone have any suggestions for remote assistance tuning? Looking for a consult rather than a full mail order tune or anything. I'm certain I can get this dialed in, but my solo novice way seems like it'll take longer than I'd like.

Welcome Any Ideas.

• TSP L92 6.2L Stage 1 Truck Camshaft - #25-TSP216228-113-3B
    • Cathedral Port heads decked .006, no porting, valved and springs to TSP CAM spec.
    • Headers - 1-3/4 in. Stainless Steel
    • Stock everything else, heavy duty oil pump, replacement stock injectors, throttle body, intake,

Do you own a push rod checker or a set of calipers? Sounds like you thought you could do it all at home. When installing your lifters they call for a range of preload to be applied. If you did not check your "lash clearance" i would go that route. Larger cams make extra noise and you have to run it long enough to get oil through the system. Lifters should be pumped before assembly in oil.

Maybe its just crying to be tuned. You came this far be a man and post your log and tune or go to LS1tech.com so they can eat you up