Thread: Bizarre 02 sensor issue in 1st gen coyote.

Potential Tuner

Bizarre 02 sensor issue in 1st gen coyote.

Bought this car in january, had 0 problems with it. I'm not super familiar with tuning coyotes but I had my mpvi3 from when I had bought a truck last year. So if you guys need any info just lmk what I need to do and I can get it for you, thanks.

Anyway on to the problem. A few months ago I started having problems with my o2 sensors, I would be driving everything being fine, to gauge display to suddenly plummet down to 10.0 afr and the car started running horribly obviously, however after a moment or 2 it would all come back to normal and drive just fine. After a few months of this my 02s stopped working all together and so I went out and bought new ones, except now the car will warm up fine, but once it enters closed loop the afr plummets again, idles rough for a moment then comes back and I'm able to drive. After 2 or 3 minutes of driving they will plummet again and eventually come back. However after doing an idle relearn and some other basic things in an attempt to fix the issue so long as the car is idling its perfectly fine, its once you start driving you encounter issues. image_2023-12-09_112750613.png this is a screenshot of the chart of my fuel trims, again I don't really understand coyote tuning but I do see that the LT trims are off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    What’s the fuel source when this happens? What about commanded eq ratio?

Potential Tuner
    Looking at what is being logged I only see EQ ratio commanded which switches from 0.991 - 1.009, either one or the other, switches instantly. as for the fuel source I am either unfamiliar with what youre asking or It's not being logged.

Potential Tuner
    It also seems to not be switching between the mapped points, only staying in mapped point 0. Is there anything else I should log? The help is greatly appreciated as I do not have the money to take it to a shop and would love to try to get this fixed, thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like more than one problem. You’ll need to log fuel source and vct schedule.

Potential Tuner
    Will do