Thread: AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Controller Gauge for non can bus vehicles

Tuner in Training

AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Controller Gauge for non can bus vehicles

I was reading the description and i seen that my kit i bought from the tuning school comes with an extra cable to wire up to use for non can bus vehicles. I have the wire aem analog wiring harness 35-3430 and i have the aem analog wiring harness 35-3459 idk which one to use for my 2000 chevy. Says 35-3430 but it has extra wires im not sure what to do with. It comes with a 12v cigarette adapter to use for my 12v power. im guessing i need to invest in the HP Tuners pro link to make it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefain215 View Post
    I was reading the description and i seen that my kit i bought from the tuning school comes with an extra cable to wire up to use for non can bus vehicles. I have the wire aem analog wiring harness 35-3430 and i have the aem analog wiring harness 35-3459 idk which one to use for my 2000 chevy. Says 35-3430 but it has extra wires im not sure what to do with. It comes with a 12v cigarette adapter to use for my 12v power. im guessing i need to invest in the HP Tuners pro link to make it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure if you have egr circuit open but I wired my gauge through there you can also use the ac pressure circuit it?s pretty simple just use the data reference wires from the wideband

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefain215 View Post
    If youre planning on logging through the EGR or AC circuit then you dont need prolink+. The analog data just goes through that circuit, to the pcm, and sent to the OBD port just like any other engine PID. You log that channel in the scanner and do some user math so that voltage offset of the gauge gives you the correct reading. Also, you need to make a histogram as well, but you can just copy a STFT histogram and change the STFT data to the EGR sensor data.

If the extra wires on your cable or gauge are serial wires then you wont use them. They are for a serial connection, such as a can-bus setup. Basically, you just need Power, Ground, Analog +, Analog -

Also, you can just buy a prolink+, you have to buy a proset features from HP tuners or the Prolink cable wont work. But if youre running through the EGR you dont need a prolink.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"