Thread: A boatload of questions

Potential Tuner

A boatload of questions

A bit different question than common here,
    I am installing an L92, 6.2L in a boat.
    The engine package was bought from a driving 08 Escalade that a tree fell on.
    The yard did a great job pulling the engine, ECM & harness as a kit.
    I have spent a few hundred hours reworking the harness, "yes I am retired"
    My task was to make the harness such the the ECM will mount to the rear right of the engine.
    I will be running two O2 sensors.

My question?
    I have NO transmission, just a drive plate into a ZF forward reverse box.
    My intake has the AFM and nothing else.

How do I go about making this run with the factory computer?

IMG_4657.jpg

Use a manual transmission OS and ECM, remove all torque management in the systems settings. Tune from there. (DTC's, VE, MAF, timing etc.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Use a manual transmission OS and ECM, remove all torque management in the systems settings. Tune from there. (DTC's, VE, MAF, timing etc.
    I presume the hardware, Circuit board different, at least enough that flashing the original is not the thing to do?
    Reading I have done mentions a Corvette ECM?

Senior Tuner
    Describe the boat exhaust system you plan to use with O2 sensors.

Tuner
    I just finished adapting an engine like yours to a car of a different manufacturer. I have also been a boater for years. Here are my thoughts.

the engine you describe is drive by wire so you will need to think about gas pedal or conversion to cable throttle. Next with no emissions to worry about I would eliminate the evap system and even the MAF and proceed with speed density tuning. Since this engine only came with auto transmission I would consider changing to a Corvette E38 for a standard Transmisson so you can add a speed sensor to the propeller shaft. The operating system has VSS lookups (I think there are some you can't see with HP Tuners) and an added VSS solves those problems. The manual transmission E38 has pins 71 and 72 that function for the VSS. You need the O2 sensors for closed loop operation. You realize that you will need a 58 psi fuel pump. I have identified the most significant issues you will need to address to use a OEM E38 computer. Good Luck on you project.