Thread: Tuning with TiVCT deleted

Potential Tuner

Tuning with TiVCT deleted

Just curious what the standard procedure on a Gen 2 PCM is as far as settings when tuning an engine with no TiVCT. Large cams, high compression make effort N/A deal? I have an excellent tuner already. I am just asking to try and grasp the concept myself. Pondering whether if I am at the point of needing an aftermarket ECU.

Thank you!!

Potential Tuner
    pm me, I'm currently tuning an imrc deleted/tivct deleted BIG CAM 2.9 Whipple 130mm throttle body, 10:1 built motor.
    there is a lot that goes into this set up. I'm still grasping the mapped points and how they activated and deactivate. there's a post here from hp tuners that once imrc/tivct are turned off only mapped point is used. However Im finding that not to be true.
    Last edited by THUSIN1; 12-04-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDub6s View Post
    Just curious what the standard procedure on a Gen 2 PCM is as far as settings when tuning an engine with no TiVCT. Large cams, high compression make effort N/A deal? I have an excellent tuner already. I am just asking to try and grasp the concept myself. Pondering whether if I am at the point of needing an aftermarket ECU.

Thank you!!
    You dont need aftermarket ECU - we did a few few projects with different engines running on Coyote PCM.
    Termi Cobra engine running with 6r80 on F150 PCM for example - this is 100% doable. Hit me up.

Potential Tuner
    Wouldn't the engine stay in one mapped point since the cams are fixed?