Thread: MAF tuning AFR ERROR PROBLEMS

Potential Tuner

MAF tuning AFR ERROR PROBLEMS

I swapped a 6.0 lq4 with a 4l80 4X4 into my single cab truck and it ran great. Then I decided I wanted more power so I installed a sloppy stage two cam springs and push rods, long tube headers with full 3" x pipe exhaust, cold air intake pipe, HD2 shit kit with the Sonnax valve and a Yukon locker in the rear diff. Got it idling good and for the most part running great but want to dial in my MAF AND VE but having problems right out of the gate hoping someone knows what I have done wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I created a AFR ERR Histogram and have logged my commanded AFR vs actual with my AEM 300 wide band. I set up my histogram based on Goat rope garage YouTube video and changed everything in the tune to put it in MAF only. The problem I am having is it shows that my error is -60 to -70 percent the longer I log when in fact its not off by much, the truck will be commanding 14.68 and its actually at 14.10. Any idea what I have done wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mickey_w06; 12-02-2023 at 09:46 AM.

I think before you get too far you need to address a few big things.

For one you don't have enough fuel injector for this engine setup, they are too small and you are already out of fuel in the higher rpms. Your injector duty cycle is already near 100% and when you floor it you have an o2 sensor completely drop out lean and the other side isn't far behind. You need to verify fuel pressure and get larger injectors before fixing the MAF and VE table.

Also you likely have a pending knock sensor code, the knock reading maxed out at 8 degrees as soon as you get on it. That needs to be fixed otherwise this will never have any power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It does have stock injectors. I thought that the maf curve could be set and then later just put bigger injectors and the proper data? it has a c5 regulator in it and the pressure is correct. i actually did not see that it had knock, ill look into that. Did you look at the afr err and what the problem with that is? thanks

Potential Tuner
    looked at the spark retard. I have the timing advance set at 22 degrees when PE engages which is what I read the ls motors like. The afr is saying its running lean when I get above half throttle which is where I have PE set to engage that's when it spark retards. wouldn't getting the fuel right in that area cool the cylinder temp and help with spark retard?
    Last edited by mickey_w06; 12-02-2023 at 12:50 PM.