Thread: O2 Sensor Failure issue

Tuner in Training

O2 Sensor Failure issue

Guys,
    I purchased an LS swapped JK Jeep Wrangler. I've got a rough idle and constant O2 Sensor failure codes. I've replaced the sensors and the heaters on them are wired directly to the ignition power. I am attaching a log file I just took and wanted to see if you more experienced guys could spot what the issue might be. I am just learning these engines and HP Tuners so I'm stumped.

The engine is an LM7 and looks to be stock. The wiring harness is a BP Automotive professional swap harness.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Also if you need me to add channels, log different data, etc just let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What O2 sensors are you using? (brand, part number, application same as the tune file?)

Tuner in Training
    I'm using GM Genuine 213-1702 sensors. Which is what the BP Automotive Wiring Harness says is required, however I don't know who did the tune (attached). How do I check in the tune? I will say that the ECU connection does not even have wires for the heaters in the O2 sensors. Those are wired directly to ignition and ground through the harness. So I only have the sensor wires running to the ECU.

Sensor 2 has been deleted and the DTC has been turned off on that one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well not having the heater grounds going to the PCM is all of your problem. The heaters are PWM controlled, and the PCM is seeing that there ain't no heaters connected.

I guess you have 3 choices: add the wires BP Automotive left out, bitch at BP Automotive and get a refund, or turn the heater DTCs off.

screenshot.30-11-2023 17.21.05.png

(I honestly don't know how so many people try to do their own swaps and wiring work/troubleshooting without having their own service manuals and wiring diagrams and pinouts for the thing they're trying to work on close at hand.)

Tuner in Training
    I had the diagram, just didn't realize that they were PWM and monitored by the PCM. I have the right connectors to add them to the PCM Harness.

Thanks for the help!