Thread: 4x4 83 suburban with 2005 lq4 / 97_4l60e/ 1991 np241c

Potential Tuner

4x4 83 suburban with 2005 lq4 / 97_4l60e/ 1991 np241c

hi i have couple questions and was hoping i could get some advice. i have a 83 4x4 suburban with a 6inch lift, 35in tires, 2005 stock lq4 motor, built up 4l60e transmission with a 1991 np241c transferase , i bought a ecu with a tune on it and it seams to drive good but it seams to shift threw all the gears very fast and the gas peddle is very touchy . if driving in D the gear shifts into 4th at around 35 mph and bogs the truck down , after looking on the repository and checking some tunes to the tune i have it seams that all my part throttle shift are low, if i change the part time shifts higher in some areas what else do i have to change ? do have to change any thing with the torque converter settings ,like apply/ release setting ?

another question, when i down shift the truck into 2d on the column manually wile driving it will slam into gear. i don't see anyplace in my tune to change column down shifts beside d1 urban under part throttle shifts. so I'm guessing the ecu doesn't know what to do when doing that.

last question is when i put the truck in 4lo i have the a ground switch that tells the ecu to go into 4lo but seams like it doesn't have any power in 4lo like it should going forward but in revers it seams to have lots torque.

i have drove the truck this way for 15k miles and i dont want to destroy the trans if ecu setting are way off as i bought the ecu with a tune , i was hoping somebody can look over my tune and point me in the right directions on what i need to change.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to BlueCat that trans tune. Your part throttle, full throttle and RPM is real low. It will really wake that thing up with a good trans tune. It will feel like it has an extra 50 hp.

Potential Tuner
    hi i took your advice and tried blue cat tune , after i did that , the truck would not shift threw any of the gears. so put it back to what i have for now , maybe some other setting somewhere in my tune are off as well .