Thread: Help with credits question

Tuner in Training

Help with credits question

Just bought a mpvi3 does this unit come new with credits or I need to purchase thanks

Senior Tuner
    Depends on what you are planning on doing, but for most typical things you need to buy credits. Number of credits varies with what you are tuning. https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

Depending on where you bought it, sometimes it comes with credits but that would have been included in the item description.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, at the $399 price point the MPVI3 does not come with any credits, they can be purchased with the device or after you receive the device from us though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Okay thank you for your time and advice I will purchase some

Tuner in Training
    Hey Bill
    I sent a "Contact" through the website this morning.
    I see some GM vehicles require more credits than others. For example, the '98-05 Blazer requires 6. The '98-00 Tahoe requires 12. Both vehicles use the same 16263494 Black PCM (I have both).
    My goal is to put the Tahoe 5.7 in the '99 Blazer.
    It may run by simply plugging in the Tahoe PCM and making a couple pinout adjustments, but then I want to be able to tune it from there (engine and transmission). Other minor things required as well.
    Or do I leave the 4.3 PCM in the car, licence that PCM(6 credits instead of 12), make the pinout adjustments to suit the 5.7 motor, and simply change the engine, firing order, injection order, etc in the software?

I have downloaded a couple tune files to have a read with the software, and it does look intuitive and user friendly.

Please advise so I can start purchasing the right bits.
    Cheers
    Mike

Or is there just a typo on the website, and either are 6 credits?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onequickpuck View Post
    Hey Bill
    I sent a "Contact" through the website this morning.
    I see some GM vehicles require more credits than others. For example, the '98-05 Blazer requires 6. The '98-00 Tahoe requires 12. Both vehicles use the same 16263494 Black PCM (I have both).
    My goal is to put the Tahoe 5.7 in the '99 Blazer.
    It may run by simply plugging in the Tahoe PCM and making a couple pinout adjustments, but then I want to be able to tune it from there (engine and transmission). Other minor things required as well.
    Or do I leave the 4.3 PCM in the car, licence that PCM(6 credits instead of 12), make the pinout adjustments to suit the 5.7 motor, and simply change the engine, firing order, injection order, etc in the software?

I have downloaded a couple tune files to have a read with the software, and it does look intuitive and user friendly.

Please advise so I can start purchasing the right bits.
    Cheers
    Mike

Or is there just a typo on the website, and either are 6 credits?
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please open a support ticket so we can verify this information and get it corrected if necessary. Please provide the ticket number here and I'll take care of it first thing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"