Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for injector data

Senior Tuner
    What made this so difficult, especially the SPA, was the data in the Raptor tunes. Hi and Lo slope are really tight, and there's a lack of precision in the compensation tables. I couldn't find a characterization datasheet that had the information I need.

All conversions were done by hand, Excel, and my Ti-89 Titanium. There were assumptions I had to make, but I think the end result will be acceptable. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

I will give it a try tonight I hope. New intake going in. Took me longer also getting catch can and vacuum tubes routed.

1) Ford Hi slope is usually a SMALLER number than the low slope. This is a function of how the Ford injector model works.
    2) Ford uses a completely different point of the flow curve for offset than GM. You cannot simply put Ford offset numbers into a GM ECU and expect it to work correctly, even when pressure compensated.
    3) A split stream injector (intended for the Ford 4V head) is going to give you all kinds of transient fuel control headaches and require huge numbers in your impact factor table to compensate. Even then, it will run sketchy.
    4) If you really need them flowed and characterized for GM units, my machine can do that with great precision.
    5) I have converted Ford data to GM data before too. It's still a better idea to flow them to get the complete mass vs time curve and then generate new high resolution short pulse data like I do from my bench instead of interpolating between the big gaps from the Ford model.

Senior Tuner
    I reversed the terms to make Hi slope be the lower flow value. Also, I converted pressure compensated Ford values to GM values. Ford 6.2 is a 2V so the spray pattern should be ok. As far as the gaps you're right. Fortunately it's only 64 to 58psi. It's the quality of the data in the Ford tune that made it more difficult than it should have been.

I used these numbers to start with. Starts good, idles ok. Throttle response sucks. Tinkered with it for a while. Seems these injectors do not like GM.

With the availability of GM 412 injectors and the unbelievably low cost of a 50lb injector I don't know why anyone would use anything else unless it needed more than 50 pound injectors.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata-Repository
    Last edited by TheMechanic; 12-18-2023 at 03:47 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    With the availability f GM 412 injectors and the unbeliebable low cost of a 50lb injector I don't know why anyone would use anything else unless it needed more than 50 pound injectors.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata-Repository
    amen.. Doesn't make sense trying to get a random injector to work when so many options are out there with good data.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Red01Z06 View Post
    I used these numbers to start with. Starts good, idles ok. Throttle response sucks. Tinkered with it for a while. Seems these injectors do not like GM.
    Got a log?

New injectors.hpl
    I think this is the car running with Ford injectors.

I switched to a set of Bosch 36lb 0280155868 Injectors. I used your spreadsheet numbers for them. Here is the run log with these.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You've got a bigger problem going on than injectors.

I know....I put a FAST LSXR 102 intake on also. Now I got track down other problems. put the bosch in to eliminate that as the problem

Senior Tuner
    Check the fuel pressure.

52psi key on, 62psi running

Going to clean injectors and do some logging

Are you sure the FAST intake is properly down and sealing? I vaguely recall an issue about 18 years ago where I had the tiniest amount of interference from an engine lift bracket on the back of the driver side head that kept a FAST from dropping all the way into place. Had it been tightened down like that it would have never sealed.

Senior Tuner
    That's a good tip. If fuel pressure is ok then there's a big leak somewhere.