Thread: 5.3 turbo wont run

Potential Tuner

injector info is weird

so as stated i built the car had bought some cheap stuff in the process have since gotten rid of said cheap stuff now i can't get the car to run seems like the injector data is weird as far as the flow rate vs Kpa table if i input the correct data the car will start and die immediately with or without throttle but if i cut that flow rate in half i can get it to idle but runs weird not right there deatshwerks supposed to 88lb/h injectors but for whatever reason on the side of them say 1000cc I'm trying to figure out to post the tune as of now i had the car running great prior but can't even get a good idle now
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jarrod; 11-26-2023 at 01:55 PM.

Potential Tuner
    nobody ? damn

Advanced Tuner
    Well, thats kinda to be expected when you change out injectors or injector data. You were calibrated to run how it was setup, so your VE and MAF curves (if applicable) were used to compensate for bad injector data. It was all adjusted and running with the incorrect data and now you changed it so its gonna need to be re-tuned. Injector data needs to include all the areas i circled in the screen shot.

If you can cut the flow rate in half and it runs, then leave the new data and try lowering your VE table in idle areas. just select a fair portion around idle area and multiply it by .75 or so to lower the fueling in that area. Once its running take some logs and adjust accordingly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by horsepowerguru427; 11-26-2023 at 02:31 PM.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Potential Tuner
    I had it running previously with the deatschworks injectors but now I have enough fuel to push them and have input said data I changed fuel pump and haven't gotten it to run since I put the new pump in Aeromotive a1000 when i cut the data in flow rate vs kpa it will idle it isn't great but that's to be expected but it runs extremely lean like a 22.5 afr but smells rich as all hell I'm using a aem wideband threw the egr port with the correct math's
    Last edited by Jarrod; 11-26-2023 at 02:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    give it a few hours and youll get some better answers lol Not everyone is on here all the time.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Senior Tuner
    Data wasn't entered correctly. Here it is. Also, look at Transients>Min Fuel. This is for vacuum-referenced regulator. If not vacuum-referenced let me know. You should be able to figure out copy-paste tho.

That 88lb advertised rating is for 3 bar. LS is 4 bar.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    yes vacuum reference and return line setup I tried fuel pressure at 43.5 psi 58 psi Aswell I appreciate the input anything helps.

Potential Tuner
    I'll go give that a try how did you come up with the .383 or whatever it was not saying it's wrong just trying to learn and that might very well be my issue cause i had .750 in there

Potential Tuner
    doing the same as before wicked lean and not wanting to run

Potential Tuner
    is it possible that the injectors could be dirty and that would cause this

Senior Tuner
    For the min injector pulse I looked at SPA. I think injectors flowing 105 lb/hr will have trouble idling a 5.3 set at .725ms.

As far as starting, VE is VE. Cranking VE should match Main VE in areas of overlap. If your main VE is accurate (and it's not, no offense) then multiply the Cranking VE by 0.65. Add 2 degrees to cranking spark for more rarefied charge.

Hold down the pedal and crank it over to do flood clear first.

Potential Tuner
    no offense taken thank you ill give it a go