Thread: setting 7500 rpm shift point on 10R80, what am i missing

Advanced Tuner

setting 7500 rpm shift point on 10R80, what am i missing

I have looked at a few tunes out there like the stock whipple tune and a few others on this forum. I also read some posts discussing this same issue and can't get the thing to work how I want it to. I have raised wot shift points, altered the oss and I think I have removed all the limits but it is still shifting like it did stock. I want it to hit 7500 every shift at wot between 1-6 gears. Can someone take a look at tell me what else I need to change? First time tuning a 10r80.blue mustang E54 slight trans tune4B 7500 limits off.hpt

You can get a solid 10r80 from me that shifts where you want and has upgraded "everything". Im afraid 10r magic is not what everyone shares.

Advanced Tuner
    Give it time. Once more people mess with it there will be more free resources just like other platforms. I'm just asking to raise shift points not magic to make the car half a second quicker in the quarter.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kenand1988 View Post
    I have looked at a few tunes out there like the stock whipple tune and a few others on this forum. I also read some posts discussing this same issue and can't get the thing to work how I want it to. I have raised wot shift points, altered the oss and I think I have removed all the limits but it is still shifting like it did stock. I want it to hit 7500 every shift at wot between 1-6 gears. Can someone take a look at tell me what else I need to change? First time tuning a 10r80.blue mustang E54 slight trans tune4B 7500 limits off.hpt
    you have WOT shift map selector set to 1 (ecm9822) set that to 0 to use WOT shift map. your tune is calling for shiftmap 1 in altitude adjusted (ecm9691) which you have zeroed out. may not fix problem but it caught my attention.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    you have WOT shift map selector set to 1 (ecm9822) set that to 0 to use WOT shift map. your tune is calling for shiftmap 1 in altitude adjusted (ecm9691) which you have zeroed out. may not fix problem but it caught my attention.
    Thank you for the suggestion but it did not work. To me it seems like a limit is on somewhere. What should I be logging to see what's commanding the shift rpm?

Advanced Tuner

I have a good tune for 250 8000 rpm shifts

Quote Originally Posted by kenand1988 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion but it did not work. To me it seems like a limit is on somewhere. What should I be logging to see what's commanding the shift rpm?

Potential Tuner
    Can you share that tune file?