Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cammed LC9 running like a bag of Weiners

Tuner in Training
    A bit late to reply but the truck was put on the dyno again and I just wanted to give a update for anyone who was interested.

Turns out as much as I don't know about tuning, I can figure out what to much gasoline smells like, regardless of if the vehicle is cammed/catless or not.

The VE tables and the maf tables were way out to lunch. Nothing had changed from the dyno tune but for some unknown reason it was running very lean and then trying to dump an excessive amount of fuel to bring it back to 14.7 then cut it out causing it to run lean again. Rinse repeat.

Anyone ever heard of the tuning not changing but a vehicle suddenly running like a bag of smashed a##holes? Nothing had changed, just started running crappy.

Thanks in advance.

Tuning Addict
    Usually happens when things aren't dialed in correctly. Torque models learn and shift. If fueling isn't right it'll cause the ethanol value to change again causing everything to shift. You could have turned off ethanol to correct that. Inj timing will cause fuel shifts with temp due to fuel burn. Part of the base stuff that should be dialed in and set from the beginning Usually a write entire resets everything. If the tune is still the same, see if it starts to shift again. Takes a few hundred miles sometimes...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 01-10-2024 at 12:02 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Bad O2 sensors?

Newb guess