Thread: 2.2 ECO SC Fake 2.5 TMAP Tuning.....

2.2 ECO SC Fake 2.5 TMAP Tuning.....

Has anybody sucessfully tuned one yet w/o problems??? I have one that Il be doing here soon, but am not sure if Il be wasting my time trying to tune off the 2.5 TMAP... Im almost thinking of just swapping out the TMAP for a 2Bar and faking a 2Bar tune.... Car is currently on the SC program, but we will be swapping to a non-locked PCM..... Any ideas???

P&P Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see why you can't work with the 2.5. You'll have to average the lower Map settings by doing an average rather than just copy and paste every other column. Other than that I'd say it is the same as faking 2 bar and 3 bar. Obviously a 2 bar map is much easier since you won't have to "guess" what should be used for the lower Map columns.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

I thought about that... Im not worried about doing a fake 2bar, but Im afraid of losing too much resolution with the TMAP (like the 3 bar attempts others have made)..... I guess Im just trying to find ut if anybody has done a "sucessfull" tune on one w/o the reflash.... I have read about a few attempts on the .0rg, but have not seen anything too promising....

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    I have been looking for a basic tune or even a detailed how to on the subject. The fake 2 bar sticky gives only basics for spark tables. But I need more info on things like fueling and PE tables. For example how much should I increase the ve tables?
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.

Advanced Tuner
    You adjust VE to match your Commanded AFR to your W/B AFR or if you don't have a W/B then adjusting it to get your LTFT and STFT between 4 to -4 or some people do 0 to -4.

Also PE is very basic set your AFR for PE to what you want but make the Multiplier table to 1. Much more basic, and cut dry so IN PE if you set 13.0 you will command 13.0.

Theres no doubt you'll lose alot but if you have a smooth VE and pretty close to accurate then it should work fine. But trying it first is really the best answer.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner in Training
    Thanx for the the tips any more info you can provide would be great.

I am thinking of using the gm reflash and getting a 2nd pcm for hp tuning on the weekends. Do you see any problens with doing a basic swap with the pcm?
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.

Advanced Tuner
    Not really, only thing I can suggest but would be a pain to do cleanly, is to get a second wire harness connectors and splice into your other wires and use a switch for the grounds, so you can switch with the flip of a button (with car off obviously). Only other thing I see is why even bother doing the reflash..
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon