Thread: Simple LS2 VE vs. Gen III VE table question

Tuner in Training

Simple LS2 VE vs. Gen III VE table question

I know the LS2 table isn't setup in % like the LS1/6 was, my question is when I scan the LTFTs, do I subtract or add those values from the given increments still? (ex.1600 + (-5)) I am using the LTFT method to tune the part throttle VE.

the only reason I am doing it this way and not using a WB is b/c I don't have access to one at this point. I will at the dyno for the WOT stuff obviously. Should I just scrap this until I can get a WB into it and set aside a day to get the part throttle stuff done?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jdo6696; 03-05-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    2005 GTO Quicksilver/Black M6
    COMP 224 112 lsa, Patriot Xtreme Gold Springs, TSP pushrods; Kooks LTs; King Springs F/R; GMM Street w/LSS; custom h-pipe w/ 3" Dynomax Bullets; HP Tuners

http://community.webshots.com/user/jdo669

I can't find the thread where redhardsupra posted it initially but he has come up with a spreadsheet where you plug in your VE and STFT's, LTFT's or % AFR Error and it proposes new VE #'s. I don't know what kind of logic/equation it uses but it works quite well. I have it but I can't upload attachments behind the firewall at work. Search around or PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/

take a look at this....
    great stuff...
    2006 Z51 Corvette, 6spd, A&A Vortech supercharger kit, 60# injectors, KB BAP, LG headers with hi-flow cats, NGK AFX Wide Band O2, 160 T-stat, Corsa Sports, lowered 1"....
    In-process learning to tune

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol the spreadsheet simply puts it into % form rather than raw form which to some is easier to understand but in reality its the same numbers

Your not adding or subtracting though...trims are in % so your multiplying.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have HPT 2.16 but i can't find the MAX VE table in dynamic airflow the one redsupra is talking about !!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    whats the year/make/model of your vehicle? it only effects a small handful of cars/trucks

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    whats the year/make/model of your vehicle? it only effects a small handful of cars/trucks
    06 corvette c6

and 07 corvette z07

i cant find max VE table....how can i tune the VE if i want to use SD mode ? which table do i have to mess with to get LTFT AND STFT close enough ?
    Last edited by Street Legal; 03-05-2007 at 07:54 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    wont affect either of them since there is no VE table. You might want to consider reading the sticky about SD tuning those vehicles

Tuner in Training
    lol the spreadsheet simply puts it into % form rather than raw form which to some is easier to understand but in reality its the same numbers

Your not adding or subtracting though...trims are in % so your multiplying.
    so when my LTFT log cell indicated -5 I need to multiply the corresponding value by .95 to reduce the value by 5%. If it were +5 I would multiply it by 1.05 to increase it by 5%. Does that sound right?

I think I am going to add some of this stuff that differs from the Gen III stuff to the Gen IV PCM to the starter guide I am using. The write up is really helpful, it just takes some research on the new stuff as I have come to realize.

I might try that deal 5 Liter Eater is talking about too, might make it a little easier to just subtract the %s.
    COMP 224 112 lsa, Patriot Xtreme Gold Springs, TSP pushrods; Kooks LTs; King Springs F/R; GMM Street w/LSS; custom h-pipe w/ 3" Dynomax Bullets; HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    ok, I did a log and made the alterations to the table the right way now. I added fuel in some places and now there are a couple peaks to smooth out b/c I wasn't able to hit some of the MAP cells. What is the best way to smooth between those, esp the one at 4400 rpm, interpolate the data I didn't get with the surrounding cells, and then do a smoothing once over the entire table?

here's the .bin and one of the logs I have so far, thanks again for any help/suggestions.

I usually hand smooth. However if you have mountains and mineshafts they are probably bogus data points.
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    so when my LTFT log cell indicated -5 I need to multiply the corresponding value by .95 to reduce the value by 5%. If it were +5 I would multiply it by 1.05 to increase it by 5%. Does that sound right?
    yes, exactly, and the copy-paste special feature will do that work for you. But using trims is a very bad way to tune...highly consider getting a wideband as through those scans I can already see it screwing with your data.

I might try that deal 5 Liter Eater is talking about too, might make it a little easier to just subtract the %s.
    if you do that you will screw up your entire VE table period, not good.

Quote Originally Posted by jdo6696
    What do you mean? I don't recall suggesting subtracting %'s. Use Marcin's spreadsheet. You plug in your initial VE table and then you plug in either your LTFT's or STFT's (if you have LTFTs disabled as some find it easier to tune that way) or ideally plug in your %AFR Error and it will spit out a new VE table for you. You can use any method since they are all % errors.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    yes, exactly, and the copy-paste special feature will do that work for you. But using trims is a very bad way to tune...highly consider getting a wideband as through those scans I can already see it screwing with your data.

if you do that you will screw up your entire VE table period, not good.

cool, well I won't do that. I see what you and EC are saying about the data points being messed up. I will see what I can do about getting hold of a WB. Thanks for the help guys.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    What do you mean? I don't recall suggesting subtracting %'s. Use Marcin's spreadsheet. You plug in your initial VE table and then you plug in either your LTFT's or STFT's (if you have LTFTs disabled as some find it easier to tune that way) or ideally plug in your %AFR Error and it will spit out a new VE table for you. You can use any method since they are all % errors.
    I just meant Marcin's spreadsheet you suggested using, thanks for sending it btw.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The thing is Marcin's spreadsheet really does nothing more then put it into numbers that you can understand & then spits them back out the EXACT same way hptuners would using the copy-paste special feature.

Senior Tuner
    correct, that's all it does. the VE form is only for easier grasp of how much you're flowing.

Tuner in Training
    The thing is Marcin's spreadsheet really does nothing more then put it into numbers that you can understand & then spits them back out the EXACT same way hptuners would using the copy-paste special feature.
    yeah, I understand that, I was looking at it as a tool to help understand the values more than anything else, not as a plug in values for a solution thing.

I am going to try a couple more logging runs and adjust the VE, if its still messed up looking like the one I posted above I am going to just park the f-er until I get a WB 02.