Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

Tuner in Training

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

Does anyone have any expierence with tuning this car? I just purchased Hptuners over the weekend so I have not recieved it yet? I am a complete newbie to this but I should have no problem figuring it out.(I hope ). I seached for "G6" and came up with no results. This car is on the supported vehicles list, so somebody has surley tuned one. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    That car just got added. There is only one person on here that I've seen so far. "Overclock This" is his board name. I think he is only into one post right now with the car, but if you shoot him a PM he might be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1
    That car just got added. There is only one person on here that I've seen so far. "Overclock This" is his board name. I think he is only into one post right now with the car, but if you shoot him a PM he might be able to help you out.
    I thought the 06's came out for a while now.
    Mine is an 07. The 06 GTP's have 3.9 pushrod motors.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone since done this to the 3.9 06 GTP?

Potential Tuner
    I've been looking around the site myself. I also have a 2007 G6 vert with the "pushrod" 3.9L. I'm considering going the tuning route on the car just to improve efficiency.

Have any of you other G6ers done anything yet?

jerij

Potential Tuner
    Bump.

Advanced Tuner
    i have read and wrote a little bit but would like some more insight as well. i know i have to do a full rewrite in order to write tunes to it. we had some crazy crap happen to us without doing a write entire.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
    i have read and wrote a little bit but would like some more insight as well. i know i have to do a full rewrite in order to write tunes to it. we had some crazy crap happen to us without doing a write entire.

???

jerij

Potential Tuner
    ... X2

?

Potential Tuner
    Well....any updates?

I am also checking this for my 06 gtp....

Systems seems very promising and the engine has its hidden potential.

yay! i just ordered mine for my 06 gtp too =D

anyway, the 3.9 out of the 06 (and later if you're a vert) and the 3.5 vvt in the v6 and the gt trim from 07/08/09 are quite literally the same engine, with the 3.5 destroked about half a liter. any tuning they do should be really similar to ours

Advanced Tuner
    dlclarkii is on here I know him from the regal gs forum , he has a 270,000 mile top swapped regal that runs low 13's , last year he bought a g6 and did some tuning with his hpt on it and got 14.3's out of it on tune only so you can get decent results.

I want to say he put his tune in the repository , if not I can drag him in this thread for you....
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

14.3 isnt bad at all... i'm stuck with mid/high 15s right now because of elevation sickness but there's only been a couple guys to break below a 14.4 on the only forum that's got any activity for the g6

i'll figure out how to use the repository and if there's no luck in finding it there i'll come back and bitch and moan till someone does something =P

gracias

06 G6 GTP M6 3.9L LZ9 (pushrod V6 with VVT)

Potential Tuner
    Hey Cj, did you find what you were looking for in the repository? I haven't bought the tuner yet, so I can't check it out myself. But before I do buy, I'm curious as to how good your luck was.

Tuner in Training
    I have been busy getting my corvette ready for the spring, but I just bought a montana sv6 with the same 3.9L VVT engine, I might do some logging and see what can be done on these engines this weekend if I can find some time.
    09 CTS-V

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CjLink View Post
    14.3 isnt bad at all... i'm stuck with mid/high 15s right now because of elevation sickness but there's only been a couple guys to break below a 14.4 on the only forum that's got any activity for the g6

i'll figure out how to use the repository and if there's no luck in finding it there i'll come back and bitch and moan till someone does something =P

gracias
    that sounds horrible 07 g6 runs 14.4 stock right now and its just the same old 3.9vct
    Home of the Impossible

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    dlclarkii is on here I know him from the regal gs forum , he has a 270,000 mile top swapped regal that runs low 13's , last year he bought a g6 and did some tuning with his hpt on it and got 14.3's out of it on tune only so you can get decent results.

I want to say he put his tune in the repository , if not I can drag him in this thread for you....
    i know this is a old post but seems like a pointless tune when stock g6 gt coupes like my 07 3.9vct is running 14.4
    Home of the Impossible

Tuner in Training

g6 tuning

i have a 07 g6 coupe with 3.9l and i tuned it last week and it turned out amazing. i can upload it into the repository some time. not a real big tune but enought to kick some ass. my company will be installing twin turbos next month into my g6. car will be ran on tracks here in wisconsin all summer. videos and dyno sheets wll hopefully be up shorty after turbos aretuned in.
    Home of the Impossible

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Kings View Post
    i know this is a old post but seems like a pointless tune when stock g6 gt coupes like my 07 3.9vct is running 14.4
    I am sure he would be glad to know you brought up an old thread because you think his tune sucks when most of them (stock mechanically) are lucky to crack 14's
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    I am sure he would be glad to know you brought up an old thread because you think his tune sucks when most of them (stock mechanically) are lucky to crack 14's
    mine does 14.9 on tarmac with a dynomaster on phone so a good set of slicks and on a real track im sure i could break a 13.9 on the track easy, i just have a mild tune. the problem with g6's is there is to much torque so you just sit and spin untill second gear. i could only get a 16 on the street before i played with torque management.

same with my buddy's 98 regal too much torque he has to feather it through first (automatic) and he can hit 15.5 on street if he just punches it he can only get at 18.2

BUT anyway to OP did you ever get to tune your g6 if so let me know? i could show you a copy of my tune or what not
    Home of the Impossible