Thread: 16 GT 350 Hesitates for a second at 5-6K only 3rd gear up Help!!!!!!

Tuner in Training

16 GT 350 Hesitates for a second at 5-6K only 3rd gear up Help!!!!!!

I have a 16 GT 350 this car has been an absolute nightmare can someone please help me!!! i bought this car brand new in 2016 and since then its gave me nothing but problems. i am on my 3rd engine that was covered under warranty. car is no longer under warranty though i dont believe it to be a bad engine at wot it will hesitate between 5-6k and will resume fine all the way until redline,i have replaced the intake, coils, injectors, wiring harness, spark plugs gapped to 28, and new crank sensor and i did do a neutral crank learn. and nothing will fix the issue. when in first gear or second issue does not happen or if i have redlining the car and do a quick shift to keep it above 3k rpm it also does not have an issue. i have also seen while ideling the vehicle does misfire and i can actually watch the misfire counter go up. i am not very good at reading pids but i did notice i got a misfire at wot and timing dropped to 3.5 deg. could someone please review my scan and tell me what they think? also my transmission is a tremec it is not the orginal it has a slip yoke instead of the drive shaft flange so it is not the loose nut tsb i am getting no codes. 1st part and last misfire madina.hpl

I dont see anything strange but you dont log much. Use this list and repeat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

! i went for another drive 2nd gear pull no misfire 3rd gear pull misfire new pid lis

Thank you for the reply! i went for another drive 2nd gear pull no misfire 3rd gear pull misfire and another 3rd gear pull with a misfire16 mustang gt350 misfire.hpl

at 77 mph timing was reduced to 2 degrees. Could that be traction control? Spark source switched from borderline to torque control. Try turning it off traction control and repeat.

Advanced Tuner
    Is it boosted? .028 is very small gap for a n/a motor

For some reason you are hitting oscillation/anti shuffle which cuts timing in the middle of run - this is very very strange and IMHO tune related.

Senior Tuner
    Trouble Codes:
    P0100 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit

Mass air period barely reaching 300 microseconds in deceleration conditions and 130-120 at WOT, I would say its reading incorrectly, or you have it in an incredibly dynamic tube size. Is this a stock OEM MAF sensor?
    Last edited by murfie; 11-23-2023 at 04:45 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hello thank you for the response I did turn off traction control completely I thought that might be what it is as well because everything time the issue occurred timing has been reduced significantly but I watched for the traction light to come on it never did and I held traction control off for 10 seconds did not help

Tuner in Training
    Replaced 2 factory mafs in a cod air intake put stock intake back in same issue

Tuner in Training
    N/a

Tuner in Training
    No tune factory tune

Tuner in Training
    I have had so many people look at this and can not understand what is going on I know a little and I am completely lost here I do have a feeling it has something to do with aftermarket tremec transmission also installed a McLeod double clutch. But why I say it’s possibly the transmission is this issue occurred shortly after transmission install and if you look at the tab for tone ring coming lose on the stock transmission it has the same symptoms misfire/hesitation only at 5-6k and cruise control don’t work I understand it’s a different transmission but both transmissions are not getting a correct reading from the output shaft?

So it was not tuned for new trans?

Tuner in Training
    As far as I remember no! but I am trying to verify with the shop who installed the transmission.

Tuner in Training
    I really appreciate your help I finally feel like I am getting somewhere! I did some research on the anti shuffle of these cars and I seen quite a few post about this issue and turning this option off to resolve. Would you recommend turning this option of to resolve so it at least gives me somewhere to start from? Could this damage anything?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes anti shuffle should be off

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    As far as I remember no! but I am trying to verify with the shop who installed the transmission.
    So the anti shuffle might be a result of you not changing the gear ratios - turn the anti shuffle off. This is a good function but your tune has to be perfect to use it.

Tuner in Training
    More info when installing a new aftermarket transmission I was sold a bowler Bluetooth module that is supposed to convert the gear ratios and output shaft signal to the factory specs. I am going to do a little more investigating on this module thank you guys for the help you guys are way smarter then dealerships!