Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a tester

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Need a tester

at least one with an E40 pcm so that I can verify PID's & adjust the charts/gauges to work properly

at least one with an E38 pcm so that I can verify PID's & adjust the charts/gauges to work properly

at least one with an E67 pcm so that I can verify PID's & adjust the charts/gauges to work properly

Basically Im going to try and get a couple of default configs for the LS2 folk...I think the two configs are a good starting point but I know the charts & gauges arent going to work properly, but I need to verify the PID's work in these applications so I can take another step forward in testing to get this done.

What I need is a short .hpl log file for both configs...by short I mean as short as 10 seconds is fine more than likely as I just need to verify & modify which is pretty simple.

If you have any input as to adding different PID's or what have you don't hesitate to speak up...this is all being done for YOU so we want to make sure its what YOU want!

Here are the two...you can just post the two hpl files using the manage attachments feature right in this thread. Just be sure to list your vehicles year/make/model & if you know the pcm thats even better, if you don't know which pcm its not a big deal so don't worry about it.

Thanks for your help
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-06-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    I have a file Bill but can't seem to get it to upload.

Sent it to you via email. Hopefully you have it.
    Last edited by 8850; 03-05-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Tuner
    dangit... saw this in my RSS and got all excited...
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Advanced Tuner
    I'll give it a try on my way back from work
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New versions posted with a few minor things fixed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    for anyone that is unfamiliar with config files all you need to do to use one is:

Open your VCM Suite Scanner
    Go to File-Open config file
    do your scan
    save your scan
    post it here.

Forgive my ignorance Bill but I'm not familiar with what vehichles the Exx PCM's are associated with.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 03-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    05-06 gto's-E40
    05 vettes-E40
    06-07 vettes-E38
    05-06 TBSS's-E40
    07 TBSS's-E67 if im not mistaken

Great. I'll check it out tonight.

The only real change I see is the ETC% instead of TPS which is cool. I would like to see low and high MAF tables for fuel trims and/or AFR %. Maybe low MAF VS LTFT or STFT and HIGH MAF VS AFR % Error. Also I don't know if it's possible to do something super fancy like Marcin has done with his VE spreadsheet and translate that into a custom VE histogram.
    Bill Winters

Lastly do the 4th gen PCM's have the same 24 bit threshold for logging resolution? Will the 28 bits you're using here slow down our logging?
    Bill Winters

Very small change but up the RPM upper alert limit to ~6500 and add upper and lower alerts to the LTFT for bank 2. Just knit picking.

Also, I have never really found much use in the injector pulse width meters. I would like to see them replaced with one meter for duty cycle which is already a custom user defined PID. That may just be me.
    Bill Winters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    Lastly do the 4th gen PCM's have the same 24 bit threshold for logging resolution? Will the 28 bits you're using here slow down our logging?
    good question, which is why I went to the table display section to see What the cutoff points where http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...lays_table.htm which is why I chose 28...because you guys should have the 56bytes limit

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Very small change but up the RPM upper alert limit to ~6500 and add upper and lower alerts to the LTFT for bank 2. Just knit picking.

Also, I have never really found much use in the injector pulse width meters. I would like to see them replaced with one meter for duty cycle which is already a custom user defined PID. That may just be me.
    duty cycle is just a calculation of injector pulse width & rpm so you need them to get duty cycle...so all this time you've had a need for them

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Great. I'll check it out tonight.

The only real change I see is the ETC% instead of TPS which is cool. I would like to see low and high MAF tables for fuel trims and/or AFR %. Maybe low MAF VS LTFT or STFT and HIGH MAF VS AFR % Error. Also I don't know if it's possible to do something super fancy like Marcin has done with his VE spreadsheet and translate that into a custom VE histogram.
    Gee thanks

I see at least 1 post a week asking "Why does my throttle position only read 88%" so adding that in there I think should help many.

I also added commanded afr as well as maf in hz which should help maf tuning.

I also reconfigured the graph for the higher RPM's of an LS2/LS7 as well as added the ETC to the graph

I also reconfigured the gauge display for the ETC position

As for changing it to maf high/low rather then the VE table as the background I mean its up to you guys but all E40 pcm's have a standard VE table so how would you like me to work that? I have no problem changing it, I personally wouldnt, but its up to you guys as to what you want to see INITIALLY as a newbie. If im leaving the #3 & #4 histo's alone which one of 5, 6 & 7 do you want me to delete, because as I see it I'd need to delete one of those to add the high/low maf tables you desire.

Thing is theres already maf tables preconfigured in the histogram folder so its just one click away for anyone to change over to what you desire.

Stupid HPTuners help files. They're always there, I just never look at them.

I know ETC % had to have been replaced in many places, I just didn't note them all. This is the most visible of the changes. Now the threads will be because the fields in the editor all still say TPS and people will wonder whether it is actually referencing TPS or ETC. :P

I know IDC is just a calculation from the pulse widths. So I know they need to be there in the table, I just don't see much use for them in the dashboard. I've replaced them with one meter for IDC in my dash. I think it's more useful and I think noobs would understand it better.

With regard to VE I was talking about getting it to be a percentage like it was with the LS1's and 6's but I know thats a pipe dream and Marcin's spreadsheet works quite well so I would leave it alone. It's almost like you need two different Gen 4 defaults though, one for the E40's with VE and one for the others without VE.

How about replace hist 5 with low MAF VS LTFT and since hist 8 is blank make it high MAF VS: AFR Error. This would discourage noobs from using the O2 mV hist 5 for narrow band WOT tuning and allow for low range MAF tuning via fuel trims and high end MAF tuning via WB. I donno, if there are MAF hists in the folder already thats good. I have pilfered so many that I have no idea what came from where. I would just like to see something MAF related in the default. Now that there are two MAF tables it requires two hists. This may be getting too fancy and not playing to the lowest common denomenator.

Even as it stands now it should help guys out.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 03-05-2007 at 03:26 PM.
    Bill Winters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I know IDC is just a calculation from the pulse widths. So I know they need to be there in the table, I just don't see much use for them in the dashboard. I've replaced them with one meter for IDC in my dash. I think it's more useful and I think noobs would understand it better.
    that makes more sense...I think im gonna keep the gauges the way they are though since IDC is already in the graph display by default.

With regard to VE I was talking about getting it to be a percentage like it was with the LS1's and 6's but I know thats a pipe dream and Marcin's spreadsheet works quite well so I would leave it alone. It's almost like you need two different Gen 4 defaults though, one for the E40's with VE and one for the others without VE.
    Try more than two considering even many 4 & 6 cylinder motors use the same pcm as say a TBSS

Which is one reason why they haven't gone ahead & done this yet...just too many different vehicles/engines using the same controller.

How about replace hist 5 with low MAF VS LTFT and since hist 8 is blank make it high MAF VS: AFR Error. This would discourage noobs from using the O2 mV hist 5 for narrow band WOT tuning and allow for low range MAF tuning via fuel trims and high end MAF tuning via WB. I donno, if there are MAF hists in the folder already thats good. I have pilfered so many that I have no idea what came from where. I would just like to see something MAF related in the default. Now that there are two MAF tables it requires two hists. This may be getting too fancy and not playing to the lowest common denomenator.
    Sounds good I'll take out the narrowband histo & add a couple useful ones for maf hz afr error high & low.

Senior Tuner
    Hopefully these will work for you Bill....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah they um, work, sorta lol...not the way I wanted though

Here are the logs from my car with E38 ECM. (car details in sig.)
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Anyone with an 05-06 GTO or 05 vette please test those configs & post the two scans so I know they work for you so I can finish these up so they can be inserted in the next release.

Thanks
    Bill