Thread: 2010 camaro LS3 getting rid of exhaust popping but still having good engine braking?

Potential Tuner

2010 camaro LS3 getting rid of exhaust popping but still having good engine braking?

Hello,

my -10 camaro is mostly stock, cat back exhaust just made the exhaust popping and burbling too loud during engine braking.
    I read a lot about the subject and found out it is the DFCO setttings that affect mostly to this. And most people want to get more of the popping and banging..!

But I would want to get rid of the popping and still have good engine braking.

I tested to deactivate the DFCO by rising the enable ECT and the popping is almost completely gone, but the engine braking seems to be greatly reduced also. Is there any possibility to have popping deleted AND have good engine braking? other than stock exhaust..!

Tuning Addict
    Popping is fuel in the exhaust not being burnt from low timing, so to keep engine braking but get rid of popping you need to set it up to go into DFCO easier and then change the ignition settings. Blend times also need to be lowered. You'll just have to play around with it until you're happy and have achieved what you wanted. Other things you can change are the throttle close brake setting and even some of the lower load areas of the torque model if you so wish to have even more engine braking via a more closed throttle.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvospede View Post
    Hello,

my -10 camaro is mostly stock, cat back exhaust just made the exhaust popping and burbling too loud during engine braking.
    I read a lot about the subject and found out it is the DFCO setttings that affect mostly to this. And most people want to get more of the popping and banging..!

But I would want to get rid of the popping and still have good engine braking.

I tested to deactivate the DFCO by rising the enable ECT and the popping is almost completely gone, but the engine braking seems to be greatly reduced also. Is there any possibility to have popping deleted AND have good engine braking? other than stock exhaust..!

Check timing in decel. If the popping doesn't go away with say 7 degrees on decel you might just be your catback.

You can also reduce the base idle airflow in the decel regions but leave the idle and near idle alone.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs