currently doing a few tuning/engine courses with HPA Academy. love them. learning quite a bit, retaining well.

recently swapped engines. i have a 2016 ram 1500 5.7, swapped motor wasnt brand new, however id call it a rebuild. have 6.4 cam, springs, lifters. have prepped for mds delete with blocker plugs. anything else i need to disable while i am at it? its a vvt cam like the old cam was. so nothing new there. idled very rough on first cold start. im sure lifter rattle of some degree was normal. but there was an abnormal amount of it. so took timing cover off to find that it had jumped a tooth. sproccket indicator is at 11. lower was aligned. plan on adjusting the timing. but would anbody have any guesses or possible causes that would jump timing itself? as in assuming guy who assembled it timed it correctly? threw camshaft position sensor codes P0018/P000B along with misfire codes, not enough ionization. changing plugs as well. plan to replace all gaskets that have been required to be removed to adjust timing. have not ran for more than maybe a few minutes because of the amount of overlap that could be heard plus the misfire. plz dont ask me to because i will not lol, i think not letting it run for long has likely saved my engine from much more damage.

my bf hasbeen a mechanic for ten years, however he has never installed a larger cam or upgraded anything hes ever driven. so he knows what is wrong with it and what needs to be done to address and prevent more issues. however he is stunmped as to what may have caused it to jump? guy who built it is 100% sure he timed is correctly. can only take him at his word. lets say we get it sorted, but the underlying cause of the jump isnt sorted, i will not only experience this again, but most likely on the highway going to or from work.

Tuning question
What aspects would i need to change to accomodate for the change in duration and lift in the larger cam?

sorry if i sound dumb,,,,, kind of am. but im a humble learner. all critizism accepted and taken constructively.