Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 99 chevy 1500 need someone to check over please

Tuner
    These are before i swapped regulator. I was on he way home and did it just to be sure the trims was reset.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    You already swapped the reg? It'd be best to go off a log that's taken after.

Tuner
    No sir not yet i was on the way home and new it would be able to get a lengthy one and sort itself out.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Right on.

Tuner
    Sorry it took so long i been sick and in the bed. I changed the regulator and the hose to the regulator, it broke when i unhooked it so it may have been an issue also. I put new vacuum line on it and i ges somewhere along the line i pulled the PVC line out of the back of the valve cover. I fixed it and reset the fuel trims and my laptop cut off twice buit i run it continuously its just in 3 parts and in between the first 2 logs i ran it for probably 5-10 minutes before i started a new one and also in between the 2nd and 3rd log.
    red 12.hpl
    red 13.hpl
    red 14.hpl

Thanks again you dont know how gracious i am
    Thanks, Tody

Tuner
    Also the timing seems hi in places, does it look normal?
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Timing adjustments can come later. Right now fuel trims are way off. You should figure out how to monitor fuel pressure while driving. Snake a fuel line from a rail to a gauge where you can see it while driving if you have to. It's really lean right now, getting leaner with more MAP and more RPM (fuel demand).

Tuner
    Ok thanks i'm going to check all my fuel lines and if i cant find anything i may snatch the intake off and swap it just to make sure it isn't the problem also. May pull the evap cannister also, after all that I'll let ya know what i find.
    Thanks, Tody

Tuner
    I ges the pump wasn't up Too par? The fuel pressure was down oo 40 psi and would drop when ou hi he gas. I reset the fuel trims and the first log was about 8 miles and i was going too run iton the next road then restart the log but forgot to save the log. I did 2 more but didn't reset the trim on these. If i need too and get another log i will. These 2 are after about 20 minutes of driving.
    red 15.hpl
    red 16.hpl
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Logs after a new pump? Still lean, so probably not, but just checking.

Tuner
    yes sir but i am thinking about changing to a returnless rail. I just can't

yes sir it is but this one was a little differant lookinhg from the other one but there the same name part number and everything, i think my return line is got an issue i just cant pinpoint it yet.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    If there is a fuel pressure problem it won't be in the return line. Any restriction there will drive pressure up. If too much fuel was getting through then that would be the regulator, but it's been replaced.

Best to verify with the gauge. Readings will vary with a vacuum-referenced regulator. The regulator tries to maintain 58psi across the injector. Vacuum on the injector tip makes a greater differential, so the reg compensates by lowering pressure. Idle is around 35kPa, which means 65kPa (9.42psi) vacuum. At idle the gauge should read 48.57psi (58psi - 9.42psi). At WOT the intake pressure is equal to atmosphere - 101.3kPa MAP or 0kPa VAC. At WOT the gauge will read 58psi. If idle and WOT are correct then it's good.

Fuel trims are pretty much a constant offset instead of increasing with air load. This tells me that pressure is holding, but let's be sure. Post back with gauge readings. If everything's good then I'll get the airflow models right for you.

Tuner
    at idle it is steady at 42-43 lbs and at cruising speed it stays around 48 49 lbs and at wot ot dropped to 42 at the lowest.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    The WOT part is a problem. See how pressure goes up from idle to cruise? Less vacuum. WOT there is little to no vacuum, so pressure should be max. Fuel pump can't keep up or there's a restriction.

Tuner
    I changed the fuel rail to the one i had on it a few years ago and went back to the old injectors that was in it when i got it and pressure shot up to 58 psi with key on engine off. I tried cranking it and it took forever but it actually kept pressure where as soon as i let off the key it would fall to 0. The injectors are 25323974. I couldn't find info on them most everything i saw was 280&&&&. When it fianally cranked it ran horrible. Is the injectors that differant? If so which do you think i should use?
    Thanks, Tody

Tuner
    i pu he injecors thats been in it back in and runs beter
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Pressure good now?

Tuner
    so far it has been im going to get a log tommorow and make sure the pressure stays up
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Alright sounds good. Lmk which tune you use for the log.

Tuner
    Sorry took so long got sick but here's the log after new rail. I ges it had a bad line or something. It's the same injectors that you have been doing and the same tune you messed with the last time. I also restarted the trims on the first log but it stopped pretty quick so done another.

red 17.hpl
    red 19.hpl
    Thanks, Tody