Thread: U0101 and u2106

Potential Tuner

U0101 and u2106

Vehicle is an 09 corvette i uploaded a base tune, did some data logging, the place im working with sent my another to upload while uploading i recieved a weird error saying. "write calibration selected for (T43) but operating system id's are different" so i rewrote stock file complete, then tried again and it timed out. Tried again and worked. Issue now is i have the 2 codes, plus service active handling service traction control and the theft symbol on dash. Car is stuck in a single gear plus no paddle shifters, reverse works, car runs great! Thanks for any help received

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like your remote tuner screwed up and sent you the wrong file.

Potential Tuner
    We double checked everything.. it all looks good.. but if they did what does this mean? Is my tcm bricked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsack View Post
    We double checked everything.. it all looks good.. but if they did what does this mean? Is my tcm bricked?
    Try a read on the ECM and TCM. See if you can communicate/identify the trans controller. If you can, try and put the stock file you FIRST pulled from the stock vehicle back into the ECM and TCM. I would do a write entire also. Hopefully that will work. Then go from there. I would be hesitant to use that tuner unless he tells you what happened and it is logical.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Try a read on the ECM and TCM. See if you can communicate/identify the trans controller. If you can, try and put the stock file you FIRST pulled from the stock vehicle back into the ECM and TCM. I would do a write entire also. Hopefully that will work. Then go from there. I would be hesitant to use that tuner unless he tells you what happened and it is logical.
    I rewrote stock files has same issue still.. checked almost every ground on the car.. kind of stumped

I rewrote stock files has same issue still.. checked almost every ground on the car.. kind of stumped
    Possible it corrupted the factory OS that can't be seen by HP Tuners. Might need to be GM SPS'd.

Senior Tuner
    Vehicle is an 09 corvette i uploaded a base tune, did some data logging, the place im working with sent my another to upload while uploading i recieved a weird error saying. "write calibration selected for (T43) but operating system id's are different" so i rewrote stock file complete, then tried again and it timed out. Tried again and worked. Issue now is i have the 2 codes, plus service active handling service traction control and the theft symbol on dash. Car is stuck in a single gear plus no paddle shifters, reverse works, car runs great! Thanks for any help received
    A remote tuner would have to go though a lot of extra steps to change the TCM OS. It sounds like it gave you an error when you tried to flash it so you just put a old file in it?? That should have been fine. Did you loose voltage or anything during the flash?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    A remote tuner would have to go though a lot of extra steps to change the TCM OS. It sounds like it gave you an error when you tried to flash it so you just put a old file in it?? That should have been fine. Did you loose voltage or anything during the flash?
    It did give me a write failed error, then i rewrote stock file, it completed then rewrote file they gave me and it worked.. issue is now i have the above codes with anti theft light on and service active handling and service traction control. Also doenst matter what file i load same issues now

Potential Tuner
    And no battery voltage drop at all