Thread: help rewrite 2008 chevy 6.0 now i have no gears

help rewrite 2008 chevy 6.0 now i have no gears

truck is 2008 chevy 2500 6.0 gas changed p.e and couple other enrichment things rewrote tune into truck now my truck wont move what did i fry file is in comments i didnt even change anything transmisson
    Last edited by shane2500hd6.0; 11-05-2023 at 06:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add file

No tune file = ignore list. Sorry.

If I had a dollar for every time somebody claimed 'but I only changed this one thing, I swear' and then we're able to look at the file see that way more got changed...

Flash it again, see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

sorry i did i must clicked something wrong but this tune file now that im looking at it is still bullydog tuner installed which was told it was now stock
    Attached Files Attached Files

i did nothing truck runs just fine codes now are no communication to ecm and tcm and body control module

Senior Tuner
    Disconnect battery for a few minutes then retry.

i did twice run codes again just now says no comminacation with pcm/ecm and tcm but it starts and runs fine just wont move

Senior Tuner
    Can you read the ECM and TCM? What happens when you select gather vehicle information?

where is that button or you mean run diagnostics and codes iam new to this and why im using my own truck as a test dummy i hope i did fry tcm inside transmission its a 6l80 so its internal this truck had bullydog tuner in it guy tossed the device out when i bought it so i decided try go back to a stock file and now this what has happened but also when i tuned it wasnt it suppose to ask me to add modify code or someshit like that

this is the bullydog tune i took from the start
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Did you try and flash a "stock" tune pulled from somewhere else or did you make changes to a file pulled from your ECM?

i made changes from file i took from the truck

Tuning Addict
    If the device will recognize it, try flashing entire with the original bully dog file that you pulled from the truck. Also more than likely you blew a fuse to the DLC. Unplug device from laptop - is there a light still on on the device? If not, check the cigar fuse in the underhood fuse block. If the truck runs then there's communication. Bullydog was notorious for changing OS's and causing problems. Just use a methodical approach and check things. I'm sure it's something simple. Most likely popped fuse or something while flashing the trans from the sound of it. Figure that part out then do write entires. Could be AM radio too. Seen that enough times...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

i tried reflashing 3 times the relearn trans now if put it in drive start give it gas it starts to slowly move but barley i probly done fucked up id say

Tuner
    If the plug on the trans is not receiving power, the trans shift solenoid will put it into third gear, and lock the converter in lock up mode when shifted into drive. The vehicle will only crawl in a third gear only start.
    Last edited by FASSTRUK; 11-08-2023 at 02:52 PM.