Thread: 2014 GMC sierra 6.2 with 2.9l Whipple tuning help

Potential Tuner

2014 GMC sierra 6.2 with 2.9l Whipple tuning help

Hey all looking for some direction/help.
    Ive got a 2014 sierra l86 with a whipple just installed on it. The issue im having is that the tune from whipple is for a stock truck with the kit. My truck however has some mods (that whipple was unwilling to tune for). Is there a repository of tunes or someone here that could point me to a tune. I have tuners but unfortuantly no GM tuners or dynos are close.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tuning Addict
    If you're going to tune it yourself and since it's a 2.9l newer blower go ahead and install a sciap, lt4 map and wire the temp sensor into the MAF - whipple kit should have already had this part and then sign up for user defined access and then contact Will_974 on here and get the throttle rate/area and pedal progression tables at the minimum added in for yours. You're going to have to edit those tables with the bigger blower, especially if you're keeping any sort of variable cam movement which I recommend. Even with the cam at 0, you really need to alter those tables either way. Those tables require you to play a balancing act, but once right you'll be happy.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I second the SCIAP sensor install, and 3bar main map sensor minimum.
    From the whipple tunes i have seen, they dont change out the map sensor from a 1bar, which is ridiculous...

With that, I can adjust the internals of your tune for SCIAP and a more controllable throttle rate table
    Support will add pedal progression table for you if you ask, but I have not yet given them the Throttle rate table.

With all that being said, you will want to tune the VVE tables along with MAF.
    to do this, you'll want to have a wide band sensor installed.
    With the SCIAP sensor, it is more important than usual to have both the airflow models aligning up.

Tuning Addict
    With everyone of these I've done so far, the throttle rate and pedal progression tables both required fine editing to specific sections. It would be best if he could get User Defined and tune them himself to save both of you some headaches. That's if he's going to tune it himself. I often have to modify the rate table from 25ish up and then really edit them from 40 up usually taking 30% or slightly more out from 40 up on top of making changes to the pedal progression. There are a lot of influences with things in that pedal table by itself both with how aggressive the throttle reacts and with how well it controls itself including engine braking and throttle closure.

I don't think general tables persay would fix everything without editing them to work with everything else in this case, especially since there's also other mods involved.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC