Thread: 2015 Silverado 2500 6.0 basic tuning for neighbor

Tuner in Training

2015 Silverado 2500 6.0 basic tuning for neighbor

hey guys, ive tuned a few "hot rod" type gen 3 vehicles now but my neighbor was wondering if i could tune his basically stock truck for him for a little more pulling power, truck is a 2015 2500hd with the 6.0, i plan on just doing a couple basic things like messing with PE and putting a couple degrees of timing in it as he doesnt have a wideband or anything like that and im not familiar with LTFT/STFT tuning

also are these 2 or 4 credits for the ecm? and anything i should be aware of before doing a gen 4 for the first time? dont want to brick his ecu lol

In a way it's more like a GEN 5 controller because it's a E78 computer and not a GEN 4 style E38 computer.

Make PE happen way sooner because they are basically off from the factory. Set the commanded fueling to around 12.00 and call it good. I honestly don't think messing with timing will get you anywhere.

Transmission tuning on a 6L90e goes a long way too. Adjusting shift points and making it shift quicker as well as torque converter settings make a big difference.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Yes, lot of benefit to changing shift schedule and lockup settings. There's a nice tool called BlueCat. I'd post it here, but the file type isn't permitted to be uploaded. Google it and you'll find it in a forum.

Or here you can have the link:
    https://www.s10forum.com/threads/blu...ftware.868065/

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys, is tcu unlock 2 or 4 credits as well?

The website has the list of all vehicles and their credit costs just so you know.

It's 2 credits total for a truck like that, that's PCM and TCM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Don't license the TCS if equipped. It's one additional credit, and you aren't even supposed to make any adjustments to it.

Tuner in Training
    so i guess the truck is actually a 2017 so 4 credits for ecm unlock after all, anything different on a 2017 than 2015?

No, not really. Should still be a E78 computer.

Tuner in Training
    got it done and customer is happy, thanks guys