Thread: HELP******* need this looked at 15' whipple 5.0 gen2 tune.

Potential Tuner

HELP******* need this looked at 15' whipple 5.0 gen2 tune.

2015 GT,
    built built motor, pistons rods, cams part number# 243-000-90lI and 243-000-90lE, imrc delete, vvt delete, cnc ported heads, twin pumps, msd coil packs , 2.9 whipple with a 2.75 pulley. whipple carbon intake.
    ID 1300x Whipple 132 throttle body, full exhaust with long tubes. throttle seems to be just fine I have no surging or idle issues. no codes, runs and drives, just smoke at those rpm areas, and a weird split short term fuel trim one bank adds the other bank pulls then i get massive grey smoke cloud out of the exhaust. the IAT seems really high but i think its the pump thats failed. still in diagnostic on the interchiller.
    Im getting really weird short term fuel trims at 2500-3000. massive amount of grey smoke out the exhaust on mid accell in that rpm band. I had long terms turned off and just turned them back on in this log longtermson.
    I will pay for remote tuning for someone to get this dyno ready. I have 3 logs posted of light drive ability.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by THUSIN1; 11-01-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Yeah, this needs some attention. Email me directly.

Potential Tuner
    So we got the intake air temps down to 107 and the interchiller fixed. it completely resolved my 2500-3000 fueling issues. driveability seems very nice now, we have light 100-200rpm surging @ 3-5k 20% throttle cruising. you can almost barely feel it. attempted to put it in power enrichment. and it lugs and over fuels. STILL NEED HELP WITH THIS ANYONE???
    Last edited by THUSIN1; 11-29-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Potential Tuner
    NEED HELP WITH THIS ASAP, ITS PULLING IN POWER ENRICHMENT MY, ON BOOST TRANSISTION LIGHT THROTTLE IM GETTING THROTTLE SURGING. I have a dyno appointment on Friday morning and the smoking is still happening. I can see when it does in the log, it goes from torque control to borderline. I'm pretty sure it's in the torque maps, and the speed density on the smoking.

Advanced Tuner
    If your IMRCs are locked open like its indicating in the tune then why are you still using all of the Mapped points?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    If your IMRCs are locked open like its indicating in the tune then why are you still using all of the Mapped points?
    Im only using map pointy zero, is there a way to turn off all the other mapped points? I thought that when the VCT and imrcs were disable the ecu automatically used map point zero.
    I was able to get the cars throttle surging and the indicated torque error fixed. Car runs very smooth now, having issues with power Enrichment and boost transistion, along with smoking as i get in the the 70-90 kpa area.
    also the car on decel in gear goes 11 afr and the short terms start pulling 15-23% which is when I see the most of the smoking.
    Last edited by THUSIN1; 11-30-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by THUSIN1 View Post
    Im only using map pointy zero, is there a way to turn off all the other mapped points? I thought that when the VCT and imrcs were disable the ecu automatically used map point zero.
    I was able to get the cars throttle surging and the indicated torque error fixed. Car runs very smooth now, having issues with power Enrichment and boost transistion, along with smoking as i get in the the 70-90 kpa area.
    also the car on decel in gear goes 11 afr and the short terms start pulling 15-23% which is when I see the most of the smoking.

Majority of them are enabled still... Try logging the mapped points and put your theory to the test. Id be willing to bet its using a ton of MPs. You want to eliminate the MPs with the IMRCs closed since theyre no longer able to be closed. This tune needs a lot of work. If youre smoking and having other strange issues i wouldnt go hauling ass down the road until you got the car running smoothly with normal driving.1130.png

Potential Tuner
    so we found the smoking issues. once we had it on the dyno and could diagnose in a controlled environment, found out the AOS was causing the engine to ingest oil as well as there was oil in the exhaust from the previous engine blowing up. There is no significant signs of blow by. this car has MMR billet covers without the baffles installed come to find out.
    I didn't install this motor, so I had no idea the engine was blown previously.

As of this point, the car drives amazing no smoking issues ST fuel trims are -2/+2 through 4500 rpm up to the Activated PE points. The car should be spinning up to 7500RPM according to the engine builder.
    I'm lean fueling on power enrichment transition. In PE. I'm targeting .850 and only seeing .980. I have not pushed past 4500 rpm as I'm still trying to find the reason it's not allowing targeted PE enrichment.
    My injectors are scaled correctly, I'm assuming it's in the VE table as my maf is scaled correctly. I can't seem to figure out the multiple map points with the IMRC/VCT deleted or which ones to use. I have been tuning off map point 0, I tried and turned off all the other maps and its starts then immediately dies. This is my first fully deleted 5.0 so I'm struggling here. I was looking for the logging mapped points, but I can't seem to find that in the HP Scanner

Advanced Tuner
    .85 lambda is good for an N/A coyote but is a little lean for an FI coyote. Most people run around .80. There are some adjustments under PE that you can adjust to your liking to have it enable sooner than later. In your scanner under channels you should be able to add and search for "Mapped point weight" with all the MPs and each one numbered to log. Not sure why you arent seeing them. Read around on the forums more but there is literally a recent thread created by another user running only MP14 and doing it just fine, minus minor issues he was having with something else. Id compare that tune to yours if i was you..
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...le-acclerating