Thread: V6 - E67 PCM question

V6 - E67 PCM question

Since the V6 section doesn't have an E67 pcm section and there's really no support or experience in there anyways, I thought i'd pose my question here.

I'm tuning an 07 G6 GTP which is using a form of the Cadillac 3.6 L VVT motor.

I don't understand the spark retard settings for this vehicle.

From what I can see, RPM spark cutoff is set at 6600 rpm but stock, the car shifts over 6800 rpm.
    Also, another thing which I don't really understand is the maximum KR table vs rpm vs map is brutal.
    Max KR from 3500 rpm to 5000 rpm is 3 and 2 for 5500 rpm, then it goes to 1 for 6000 rpm to the end of the table at WOT.
    I have a 2-3 degrees of KR right now which could really be 10 degrees for all I know at certain rpms.

Now my question is... Should I make it more aggressive or is it set there because of the VVT or is it because GM thinks the motor is indestructable and it'll be okay...

What are your opinions?

I'd upload a bin, but it's 3mb.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    From what I can see, RPM spark cutoff is set at 6600 rpm but stock, the car shifts over 6800 rpm.
    Im not sure where your seeing that...could you post a screenshot? I have your file but I don't see the 6600 rpm limiter your talking about. Looks like your cutoff is at 6950 from what i can see.

Also, another thing which I don't really understand is the maximum KR table vs rpm vs map is brutal.
    Max KR from 3500 rpm to 5000 rpm is 3 and 2 for 5500 rpm, then it goes to 1 for 6000 rpm to the end of the table at WOT.
    I have a 2-3 degrees of KR right now which could really be 10 degrees for all I know at certain rpms.
    talk to gm

Im pretty sure there are some calibrations that just have 4 all the way across the board & like your saying they could be getting 10...its just how they set it up

http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTuners/Tunes/2007 G6 GTP 3.6L Stock.bin
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-03-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

[QUOTE=foff667]Im not sure where your seeing that...could you post a screenshot? I have your file but I don't see the 6600 rpm limiter your talking about. Looks like your cutoff is at 6950 from what i can see.

[QUOTE]

I was talking about in the spark retard tab, the max cutoff rpm (aka disabling knock retard) is set at 6600.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    again, talk to gm, who knows why they do things the way they do.

Tuner in Training
    Overclock This,
    In your post above, I read "I was talking about in the spark tab, retard, the max cutoff rpm (aka disabling knock, retard) is set at 6600"

I must be dislecix. Anyway, I have a 2006 G6 GTP. It has the 3.9. Did they replace this with the 3.6 VVT engine?

Quote Originally Posted by yqzxwrt
    Overclock This,
    In your post above, I read "I was talking about in the spark tab, retard, the max cutoff rpm (aka disabling knock, retard) is set at 6600"

I must be dislecix. Anyway, I have a 2006 G6 GTP. It has the 3.9. Did they replace this with the 3.6 VVT engine?
    I see it in the 3.9 file but it's set at 6500 rpm.
    Take a look at Engine/Spark Control/Spark Retard basically smack dab in the middle.
    I don't know exactly but I assume that the 3.9 is set to shift under 6000 rpm which this setting will work for you.
    Maximum KR is set at 10 for the most part which is the table I copied and used on my car since it makes sense.

I also notice that there are more tranny torque management settings in the 3.9 file vs. my 3.6 file IE.. Abuse Mode and shift torque reduction.
    The 3.9 file also has the shift pressure table and force motor current table which the 3.6 file doesn't have.
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something.

Tuner in Training
    must not have been as funny as I thought. The funny was in the puntuation that I changed, not the actual content of your statement. I have a twisted sense of humor. anyway, Pontiac. com shows that the 3.9 is still available in the GT but hints at the fact that it is VVT. I didn't think the 2006 3.9 was VVT. It appears that they may have made changes to the trans to. My GTP has a 3.69 final drive(If I remember corectly), which isn't even available anymore. Looks like the GTP gets a 2.77. Are my facts straight on this? This worries me because the price for repair parts for an engine/trans combo that was only available for one year are going to be high enough to cause nose bleeds and vomitting. I think I may have been burned by GM on this one. Good thing I didn't pay any where near sticker for it.

Just making sure this post doesn't get lost.
    I got an answer from Keith through email but it didn't really answer my question as to why timing would go down on the shift as if it's torque management.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overclock This
    Just making sure this post doesn't get lost.
    I got an answer from Keith through email but it didn't really answer my question as to why timing would go down on the shift as if it's torque management.
    from what I gather the controller for your A6 transmission is similar if not identical to that of the vettes A6 tranny which there are some TM tables not accessible as of yet.