Thread: E40 A/C clutch disable, has anyone ever figured out how to make it work?

Tuner in Training

E40 A/C clutch disable, has anyone ever figured out how to make it work?

I've done searches and what I've found were posts on here and Corvette forum from back around 2007 or something like that if I remember correctly. The consensus was that nothing people would change in the disable settings would work. Stock setting is 7,083 rpm and 200% TPS. Stock rev limit cars don't ever achieve the rpm to disable. My car has a 7,200 rpm rev limiter so shifting around 7,000. According to logs the A/C does disable after 7,083 but I feel that's much too high and have no idea what life that will pull out of the compressor. More of a problem to me is that the clutch disabling right at my shift point and/or rev limiter could cause the A/C belt to throw which has happened once. So according to what I see the A/C disables at the 7,083 rpm and comes back on 5 seconds later. I'd like to have the HP Tuner settings work if possible. I've played around with the settings a bit and it doesn't change anything. Otherwise I'll get a MSD rpm activated window switch and disable it at 5,000 and reenable at 3500 or something like that. The car has an interchiller for water to air intercooler so the A/C is always on. Thanks

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...able-Settings/

And if you post a thread where you say something like "I changed this thing to this and that thing to that..." then you need to post the tune file you have the question about along with a log file showing it either doing the thing it shouldn't or not doing the thing it should. Of the nine threads you've started, shown below, only one has the little paperclip icon indicating there's a file attached, and the one that does have it is from attachments posted by someone in reply, not by you. This is the last time I'm replying to one of your threads that doesn't include the files.

screenshot.31-10-2023 08.08.03.png