Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 5.3 Gt45 newb

Oh that looks like a badass intercooler! But unfortunately WAAAY out my budget atm.
    I think I paid 1600$ for the truck lol

Senior Tuner
    Can you post a pic of the top of your intake manifold? I'm thinking IAT relocation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Having issues uploading pictures for some reason, idk why. I?ll try again with the laptop later. Intake manifold is just the stock truck intake. Where in the intake could the IAT be relocated? The EVAP purge valve is still installed(not used) wondering if I could put it there somehow?

i appreciate the chop. sounds cool. temps are lower last few days. will make a new log on the way home when it warms a bit.fsf.hpl

overcast ofc, not very warm weather . car runs good still tho. idle afrs look good.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Looks pretty decent. Can't quite tell tho since you didn't get into boost. It's always when the IAT's come up that problems surface.

Here's IAT relocated to the EVAP port like you were talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGitHOIPEvU

Having it in the EVAP will be an improvement since it's behind the throttle body. I think a better spot would be further down so that charge cooling due to water/meth evaporation can be tracked better. Something like right here:
    intake IAT relocation.png

Either way you'd have to figure out how to keep the sensor in without the boost blowing it out. Tight fit and RTV should work in the EVAP spot, but in one of those core plugs it might take JBWeld.

If you're onboard with IAT relocation do so then I'll make adjustments as necessary. No changes made right now. I can work on idle a bit (log STIT next one), but the rest is a fight due to OL and changing conditions. Some OL people actually run a cold weather and hot weather tune. Theoretically that shouldn't be needed if the IAT was reading the temp of air going directly into the cylinders. Same fight we're having.

OK IAT is now in EVAP port.
    what is STIT ?

Senior Tuner
    Nice work. Looking forward to a log.

Idle Adapt (STIT). Short Term Idle Trim.

Oh gotcha do I need to add that channel/PID to log it for ya? And I?ll be taking it for another spin on Wednesday. I have a short log I made but my laptop was about to die so not sure if it?s much use. I?ll upload it tonight

Senior Tuner
    Yeah add that channel to the log.