Thread: bluecat trans adj advice

Tuner

bluecat trans adj advice

I am looking for advice/guidance on my trans tuning. I am working on the engine tune as well but on hold for bigger injectors. So I'm going to get to work on the trans while I wait. I'm not looking for anyone to do this for me but help me learn the trans tuning side. The vehicle is a 99 Silverado, 5.3, Hot Cam, LT's, CAI, Performabuilt lvl2 trans with 2000 stall. the rear gear and tire size have already been set in HPT. The scan is for the current tune on the truck. The tune attached has the current tune that I plan to load. The channels are at the bottom in the scanner for the transmission.

Advanced Tuner
    So whats your question?
    Plug all your data into bluecat and copy to your tune.

One thing i learned years ago is to drive around manually shifting while datalogging. Figure out when you want your upshifts and plug that into the tune. then figure out your downshifts.
    Once you are settled on those figure out the TCC Lock/Unlock

Tuner
    I understand how bluecat works and I have made adjustments. I included the scan so I can get some direction on how to interpret the TCC lockup. I'm not sure what my readings need to be for TCC slip RPM vs slip %. I also included the tune to make sure I haven't missed a table that should be changed. Having a built transmission there are mechanical changes that are built into the transmission, but I know that the TCM has to be adjusted to maximize those changes.