Thread: Transferring MPVI3 to a new owner, what happens to credits

Transferring MPVI3 to a new owner, what happens to credits

I have MPVI3 which I use for a jetski along with 4 universal credits. I want to sell the hardware to someone else but not sure how that works if I ever want to use another MPVI3 in the future on the same jetski.

If I get another MPVI3 in the future can I somehow sync it and it will have the original credits/license or do I lose the universal credits if I sell the MPVI3?

Reading up a little more on this, it looks like credits can't be transferred to a new device. Is this correct? There's no way to transfer vehicle licensing between MPVI3 devices? What if you use the device on multiple vehicles with many credits involved and it breaks, you just lost all the licenses?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    wherever the device goes so do the credits/licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Can a vehicle be licensed by multiple MPVI3 devices? If I have licensed a vehicle with my MPVI3, then someone else buys the vehicle, can they license the vehicle with another MPVI3? Would my MPVI3 still have access to the vehicle also? What about if an ECU has been locked by a previous tuner? Can I license the ECU with my MPVI3 and gain access again?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendells28 View Post
    Can a vehicle be licensed by multiple MPVI3 devices? If I have licensed a vehicle with my MPVI3, then someone else buys the vehicle, can they license the vehicle with another MPVI3? Would my MPVI3 still have access to the vehicle also? What about if an ECU has been locked by a previous tuner? Can I license the ECU with my MPVI3 and gain access again?
    Last question is no at least in the GM world. Will need to have the program overwritten with stock tune outside of HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Last question is no at least in the GM world. Will need to have the program overwritten with stock tune outside of HPT.
    Just as a little extra. All ECM/PCM combo's can be licensed endless times on all MPVI's. Also for the most part there are numerous people who can crack the codes. At least for sure P01's and P59's. I have done 2 P59's and two P01's.