Thread: p59 ac issue

Potential Tuner

p59 ac issue

i have a p59 05 silverado ecm in 83 c10 running sanden compressor and cant get ac to work i have the 3 pin pressure sensor wired in but getting no ac request signal or ground to ac relay can command the relay to ground but wont on its own. im missing something simple i know. but my brain is fried from trying to figure out my last issue with tac and throttle body.

This would go a lot better if you added your tune file like the sticky thread at the top of this very forum told you to do.

And a little more punctuation wouldn't hurt. This is a text-based means of communication, we can't use things like the expression on your face or hear pauses while you're speaking or see your hand gestures... so if it's not in the written text it doesn't get through to the reader.

Potential Tuner
    The problem isnt in the tune file. I have changed the file to analog as everyone else has stated. my issue is wiring and sensors needed to make system work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by drvnauto21 View Post
    The problem isnt in the tune file. I have changed the file to analog as everyone else has stated. my issue is wiring and sensors needed to make system work properly.

How do you know that part of the issue is not in the tune ?

SOP (standard operating procedure) on this Forum is to post your tune - that is, if you would like any actual help.

If the P59 (1Mb) PCM that you have is from an actual 2005 Silverado - then it will not have the IAC driver hardware - which also means that it will not have the analog A/C hardware.

The Devil is in the details on a successful, and fully functional, LS conversion.

Then copy the wiring layout from whatever application you copied the settings from.

Oh, and forgot to mention, you do not need to send random people private messages to ask if they can look at your thread. If you posted a thread, and it's visible, anyone willing/able to help will respond. In public. If it's a good, detailed description of the issue, and good, detailed answers on how to solve it, then years or even decades from now other people will be able to find it and use the info to solve their own problems. The more info and hard data you provide the better the answers you will get. The way this is going so far it's going to help no one with anything... not even you.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Oh, and forgot to mention, you do not need to send random people private messages to ask if they can look at your thread. If you posted a thread, and it's visible, anyone willing/able to help will respond. In public. If it's a good, detailed description of the issue, and good, detailed answers on how to solve it, then years or even decades from now other people will be able to find it and use the info to solve their own problems. The more info and hard data you provide the better the answers you will get. The way this is going so far it's going to help no one with anything... not even you.
    I won't answer things in DM either. Ask it in public so it might help others.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    How do you know that part of the issue is not in the tune ?

SOP (standard operating procedure) on this Forum is to post your tune - that is, if you would like any actual help.

If the P59 (1Mb) PCM that you have is from an actual 2005 Silverado - then it will not have the IAC driver hardware - which also means that it will not have the analog A/C hardware.

The Devil is in the details on a successful, and fully functional, LS conversion.
    The only 2005 Silverados I have found that support analog ac request are in the 4.3L and 5.7L trucks that have a cable operated throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    The only 2005 Silverados I have found that support analog ac request are in the 4.3L and 5.7L trucks that have a cable operated throttle body.

Yes - the PCMs that have the IAC drivers - as I had indicated in my initial post.

Tuner in Training
    A gentleman (NOT ME) over at LS1Tech put a bunch of hard work into figuring out how to make the non IAC driver P59 pcms work. All credit to rocketmench over there, here is his thread. worked for me.
    1976 C10 LWB. LQ4/799 heads/Flex injectors/BTR Truck Stg3 & 4L80E w/3k Stall

Quote Originally Posted by willeh_ca View Post
    A gentleman (NOT ME) over at LS1Tech put a bunch of hard work into figuring out how to make the non IAC driver P59 pcms work. All credit to rocketmench over there, here is his thread. worked for me.

The linked thread requires soldering to the circuit board inside the non IAC DBW P59 PCM.

This requires a fair bit of skill - to effect quality solder joints, but without transferring too much heat into the circuit board.

It is far easier (and arguably less expensive) to get a wrecking yard PCM that supports DBC (has the IAC drivers) as a starting point.