Thread: need help with driveable tune pls thnks

Potential Tuner

need help with driveable tune pls thnks

06 suburban 2500hd lq4 truck norris cam 706 heads no cats 93octane everything else is stock lq4. log file is started in my driveway and ends in the driveway. i will also post the stock file and the file i have modified. this is my first try ever tuning by computer, sorry... runs rough, random multiple cylinder misfire comes and goes. seems to run better with the code than it does without? i reflashed the stock tune and it got even worst. wont idle at all without my input. it shows kr when letting off pedal.. if theres anyone willing to remote tune or modify mine its greatly appreciated.thankyou .

Senior Tuner
    Vacuum leak.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Vacuum leak.
    thankyou sir
    how can you tell? its all fresh gaskets except injector orings. ill replace those check with smoke detector. reupload a log.

Senior Tuner
    Look at LTFT. Lean and biased toward B2. As air load through the throttle body increases, the leak comprises a smaller percentage of total. Pinched gasket maybe? Check for things like EGR, EVAP, and PCV as well. Inspect intake tubing throwing off MAF.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you consider an injector on B2 not operating correctly? O2 would still show lean and ive had LS engines throw P0300 codes for random misfire when injectors were the issue....just a thought.

Potential Tuner
    The p0300 comes and goes. Injectors where cleaned prior to assembly they all checked out. But the orings weren't changed and the oring for the purge solenoid or whatever on top of the intake wasn't changed I'll be changing them all after work and re-logging and watching the ltft. I'll post the new log. It's definitely doing weird stuff. Hptuners software keeps disconnecting during the logs it's kinda frustrating. Thanks for the suggestion . My buddy says one of the filter screens could be clogged too so they will be inspected today. I'll report back with findings this afternoon.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mckrakin View Post
    06 suburban 2500hd lq4 truck norris cam 706 heads no cats 93octane everything else is stock lq4. log file is started in my driveway and ends in the driveway. i will also post the stock file and the file i have modified. this is my first try ever tuning by computer, sorry... runs rough, random multiple cylinder misfire comes and goes. seems to run better with the code than it does without? i reflashed the stock tune and it got even worst. wont idle at all without my input. it shows kr when letting off pedal.. if theres anyone willing to remote tune or modify mine its greatly appreciated.thankyou .

That cam will set of the misfire diagnostics. When the engine doesn't run smooth it assumes a miss.. I doesn't know that it's a cam. Just max out the values in the misfire diagnostics

Thiis will not be a easy tune for a new person. But read about VE tuning and gen 3 idle tuning.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Idk why I thought this was a stock vehicle that you were tuning. Nvm what I said. Tune the damn thing.

Potential Tuner
    No you was right the map sensor grommet is ripped and smashed on one side it was loose loose hotdogs down hallways and no effort to remove. Had to order another. will have it tomorrow. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Oh lol ok then.